Mystery bike solved

Reminds me of the many cheap tank-like FS bikes that were sold from about 2000 onwards.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, I thinks it’s something like that, a Saracen or a Sintesi. Sadly, none of them sold a frame like this. I’ve taken of the rear triangle and found that it has enduro bearings. Now, that doesn’t mean anything, but if it was on there when the manufacturer put it on, that means it was mainly meant for that type of sport. The closest I’ve found was a specialized enduro bike which was practically the same shape, just didn’t have the multiple mounting holes. I’ve checked Halfords history, there are no bikes that look like it, who ever had it must have taken of the logos (or it never had logos depending how bad it is) so that must mean they were stickers. It is a sort of cherry red underneath and there is a very unusual feature on it, instead of being mounted on the top of the bike frame, the manufacturer has mounted both bike bottle cage mounts on the underside of the down
Tube. It is believed that when a bike is stolen, that the thief, takes of all the good bits, paints the frame and leaves it somewhere on the road or something.(because of the serial number)

No, that’s not the same suspension arm. The welds are a lot more exposed (not filed down). And the bottom bracket is on the swing arm, not the main frame. It is very similar. there is a cable guide pointing down at the swing arm seat tube, but the cable guides for the rear derailleur are mounted on the top tube of the swing arm, not the bottom🙏👍

Back