Mystery and Unidentified Parts

Hey chaps and chapettes.
Just joined, as I thought I'd start hanging with anorak level experts rather than frustrate myself with endless resultless internet searches.
Looking to buy some forks, but the seller is not very helpful. Seems a Marzocchi MXC, but not confident. Asked for scrutinising photos, all I got was this.

Here is the listing. I think that bike looks lovely.
Thanks in advance, guys.
x

hi, to me this is a 1996 model year DH3, red anodized and with those dials / knobs at the front of the legs.
Marzocchi DH3 red 1996.jpg

Just the decals from the one at ebay seem to be not original any longer.
The stamp of the photo you've got from the seller shows the manufacturing date. I can't read the month, but somewhen 1995 seems to be right for a season 1996 fork.

This link is typically pretty helpful for searching for old suspension forks:

There is another great source of information with regards old Marzocchi forks
@Dr-Zocchi is also member here and typically tries to help Marzocchi owners with knowledge and replacement parts.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah, date stamp is 95 so make them a 1996 model.
Then grab the catalog, just type 1996 in and it is a few lines down.
And see which matches and you get....

There are plenty of other DH3 thing to read there.

80mm .....luxury...when i were lad......you don't know your born....we did downhill in our pants alone, with scaffold poles for forks....but we were grateful.

80mm .....luxury...when i were lad......you don't know your born....we did downhill in our pants alone, with scaffold poles for forks....but we were grateful.
Scaffold poles for forks?

You were lucky.
We used ta dream of scaffold pole forks.

We had to use cantilever brakes and farmer john tyres.

And in them days the prize was a cup of cold tea

Back