My Winter play things

My first racing bike second hand in 1972 had side pull weinmans with the same finish. No idea what the bike was as it had been repainted but it had a brooks swallow saddle which I now regret getting rid of in the 80,s.

love the finish on the frames its giving me some ideas for my hirame restoration as I was never keen on the paint colour (corse matalic yellow).

where do you get the transfers?

Regards

Phil

...and of course a Brooks B17 in honey with matching tape

No!!!!

IMHO "honey" saddle and tape (especially brown bar tape) are the defining features of a "retro" bike, ie something that looks old but is not. If the rest of the bike is roughly period correct, why spoil it with "retro" parts?

OK I might be wrong about "honey" saddles and tape, but did anyone actually use them back in the day?

fiksOK I might be wrong about "honey" saddles and tape said:
The Grubb is not period correct and I like the honey colour which will go well with the green. I have found that honey ages to a nice brown where as brown goes almost black and black goes to a very simular shade as the aged brown.

I have just had a look at a few old Brooks brochures from 1910 - 1930's - 1958 and 1980's and in none is there any mention of leather colour. So to answer your question, probably not.

Lovely collection

What a brilliant collection and a fine eye and skill in restoration. Really top class work. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
They all look great to me and cant really pick out a favourite. Your sons Raleighs look brilliant.
Keep them coming, please.
All the best
Jamie

I picked up the TriVelox 3 Speed Gear set for the Imperial Petrel last night. Looks fantastic and still in the original box from 1939 amazing.

I will post some pictures later.

Some lovely bikes there - I like the way you start out by building cheap runabouts for your son and end up with something so beautiful he's worried about it getting nicked! Those Raleighs and the Claud Butler are fantastic. I love the Claud Butler paint design. Look forward to seeing the next pictures.

I don't smoke either, good point that. However a selection of decent single malts will help you get through the winter. Just a thought.

TriVelox pictures as promised.

PA290962.jpg

PA290984.jpg

PA290963.jpg

PA290981.jpg

PA290979.jpg

PA290975.jpg

PA290970.jpg

PA290969.jpg

PA290966.jpg

PA290964.jpg

And a taster of the 705. I am after a very good San Marco Rolls in White if any of you have one for sale.

PA290986.jpg

PA290989.jpg

PA290990.jpg

Back