My Pollard / Holdsworth - better pics page 3

Re:

nice bikes.
by coincidence a client came into the office the other day, a Mr Pollard, and we started talking about cycling (he spotted my sidi shoes under the desk).
turns out that our Mr Pollard is part of the Pollard Cycles family and is looking for a bike/frame in a 52/54cm size. He also told me that he has catalogues and brochures going back to the earliest days of cycling.
I've given him the site address and mentioned that he might scan and upload his documents to the site.
I'll send him on a link to this thread.
richie

Re: Re:

bigfatron":b1ezk9u3 said:
nice bikes.
by coincidence a client came into the office the other day, a Mr Pollard, and we started talking about cycling (he spotted my sidi shoes under the desk).
turns out that our Mr Pollard is part of the Pollard Cycles family and is looking for a bike/frame in a 52/54cm size. He also told me that he has catalogues and brochures going back to the earliest days of cycling.
I've given him the site address and mentioned that he might scan and upload his documents to the site.
I'll send him on a link to this thread.
richie

that is spooky but great news

Re: My Pollard

This is turning out to be a very interesting thread: )
Pollard is a relatively unknown maker outside of Coventry, but well worth adding some info/machines here to let everybody know.

Google crawlers suss it all out eventually, so it's always good to mention Pollard in Forums such as this one.
Once the info is online, it's there forever....

Pollard deserves to be remembered IMHO....
It's as spooky as we decide to make it: )

I recognise this bike :)

I purchased it off the original owner last year. He told me he had the frame built by Pollard cycles to his exact specification plus had a couple of photographs of it when it was new, beautiful frame. I've come to understand Pollard put the stamping of their frames on the seat-tube not the BB shell. My only logic would be that some point in it's life it's been repaired?

He also had a couple more Pollard bicycles which he wanted to sell but wasn't quite ready to at the time of me collecting this one. I shall have to get back in contact with him (if I can find his details again)

retrotrack":1rszht7x said:
I recognise this bike :)

I purchased it off the original owner last year. He told me he had the frame built by Pollard cycles to his exact specification plus had a couple of photographs of it when it was new, beautiful frame. I've come to understand Pollard put the stamping of their frames on the seat-tube not the BB shell. My only logic would be that some point in it's life it's been repaired?

To which bike are you referring?? There are a few on this post now.

Well Well . . . . are you the young fella I bought it from last year then? I've been trying to find out a bit more about its history. Some pictures were forward to Eddie Pollard himself, who said he didn't recognise it as one of his frames, although I think you said it had been resprayed there. The 005 number on the BB is, apparently, a complete mystery to most people who know anything about Pollards.

retrotrack":2cdvxalz said:
Yes, I sold this on eBay a while ago, you've done a really beautiful job!

Thanks, but if you find the contact details of the original owner, could I have them please? Would like to try and find out whether this is a Pollard or a Pollard replica?

Latest posts

Back