My next build. Maple leaf content...

One slight issue with the early Hustlers was with the silly linkage position relative to the air valve, which meant that you couldn't adjust the air pressure without undoing the top link bolt :roll:

Soon sorted that out by remounting the shock back to front ;)

I'm not going to be using the ProPedal much so the fact that its a bit more difficult to access now isn't an issue :D

IMAG0380_zps557564a0.jpg

You can mount the shock upside down too as long as there is clearance between the body & the down tube

1210tech":p4hrh4rp said:
You can mount the shock upside down too as long as there is clearance between the body & the down tube

Yep. Didn't want to mess about with the shock bushes though so I just turned it around ;)

1210tech":njnt3ctr said:

I have had issues with some shocks by doing this - one way lockout works - other way doesn't.

I like that...

It's one good looking bike; all of your stuff looks really good on it. How does it ride? I assume the fit is much better.

Thanks for the comments :D

The bike rides exactly as I've described it - like a hooligan! It's one of those bikes which actively encourages you to stand up and hammer on the pedals as soon as you get on it.

The rear shock will need a service eventually (it works just fine but sounds very "squishy"!), but it doesn't detract at all from how the bike rides or handles. With the ProPedal set up, there is literally NO pedal bob or feedback, even when standing up and hammering.

It needs a chain guide of some sort, and there are one or two things I want to change (skewers/headset), but I just couldn't wait to get it built, so these can wait!

Back