My new project-A late 60's or early 70's TT iron.

The SABA saddle will be used on the build as its really light...just a tad over 200grams...the base is ultra thin and drilled.Its been said that Alf Engers used one on the speed machine that broke the 50 minute barrier for a 25 mile TT back in 1978.

vcballbat":22p14nek said:
Alf Engers used one on the speed machine that broke the 50 minute barrier for a 25 mile TT back in 1978.

A most interesting tidbit of TT history there, I thank you for enlightening me. Being a lover of all things vintage (that scale especially :)), and oft' maligned, it goes without saying that I'm really enjoying the restoration of this mystery machine.

Time for TT machine to go on a strict diet....that big fat lump of a rear mech has gotta go :( parts bin for you...bye bye.

To be replaced with this minimalist masterpiece of French engineering.

|

Blimey that's real 70's rear mech torture, light as they come but changed like a pig :) Please get the Frame smartened up to match :D

Shaun

Definitely a case of form over function Shaun.I believe this is the 2nd gen Huret Jubilee with stronger springs and beefed up[more weight]cage.Never run one of these mechs before so thanks for the warning.Will be using a 56 ring and 13-17 Regina Corsa at the back....reckon most of my riding will be in 1st gear....a whopping 88inchs.

Looks like a mid 70's Ken James or Jack Hearne frame. What is the code on the Suntour V-luxe mech? http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Sun ... 02%29.html

12Nob.jpg

Re:

I can see a pattern forming here....

As seen on my 1975 Emperor Sport.

By the way, my Jubilee performs flawlessly with silky smooth shifts! I did set it up exactly as described in the original Huret instructions though, so that may help.

Looking forward to see this build develop, you can't beat a '70s TT Bike in my eyes!

Steve.

Attachments

• Emperor 7.jpg
    Emperor 7.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Emperor 3.jpg
    Emperor 3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 265
Back