My new bike - Olagnero 1995/97

whathaveisaidnow

Dirt Disciple
Just thought I'd share my latest ebay conquest.

The guy was local to me and was more than happy for me to go take a look, his nephew had popped it on ebay for him.

Turns out he'd popped into Tower Cycles (formerly of Brum) in 1995, and this beautiful frame had been left there by a rep, its special varnished, translucent paint job and the fact that it was the right size, had the guy stumping up the deposit there and then.

It's Columbus Aelle tubing, size 57.

For one reason and another he didn't build it up until two years after he purchsed it, he chose to use 1997? Shimano 105 transmission (kept it retro with down tube shifters, though it has STi capability), a Sachs headset, Cinelli contact points, Mavic SUP rims, fluted seat-post and topped off nicely with a San Marco Rolls, just wearing in.

This delight has only been out a hand-full of times, and only once in crappy weather!

There has been very minor touching up to a couple of marks on the inside of one of the fork legs, and there is one, less than pin-head size chip on the top tube,....literally that is it, otherwise like new, all the vinyl graphics are mint!

The paint job is Mica Pearl Varnished by Carlo Dossena, and looks awesome.

The lugs are elegant and feature hearts at the head tube junction.

Chrome is at the fork crown, (which sports a rather fetching downward spike) and on the drive side chain stay and is in nigh on perfect condition.

Going forward I'm tempted to paint in the flutes on the seat post, white/red alternate.

And maybe get some fir chrome effect rims and change the tyres, currently gum/blue/black to gum/white, or gum/red?

He also threw in a load of extras, topeak saddle bag with all the tools, red drinks bottle, Tower Cycles bag, retro sidi shoes that fit me, computer, old pedals, Birmingham area cycle routes guide and other bits and bobs...

He was really sad to see it go, buy he knows it will get ridden and looked after.

I feel truly blessed, almost like it was meant for me.

Took it for a spin, moved the saddle forward and down a touch and rolled back the bars a little, dropped the chain still getting used to sans STi's!!

BtgSCZtIUAAPpxt.jpg

BtgRtMQIAAAtLrA.jpg

More pics to follow.

Cheers

Keith

Pics don't work on Safari. :(

Can you have another go matey? This one sounds a bit tasty!

Oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way.

Back