My Merckx Rebuild - Finished - With Lots of Pics

Hi Stephen,

The bike looks absolutley gorgeous. It is amazing the difference lighting makes in the pics. The frame is fantastic. Now you need the weather to get out on it - and it will not be today!!!

Richard

That looks incredible! Love the colour, and the overall finish is fantastic. Pictures are great too.

I thought I might get out a spin this morning but not to be. Saturday morning was the time but a family wedding got in the way.

You will be grinning ear to ear on your 1st spin no doubt!

N

We are nearing a point where there could be a Norn Iron RB section!!! There could be at least 5 members!!!!!

No cycling today - i think it is getting to the point where we will all have a pile of winter bikes and one summer bike to use on one day a year when it is not pouring!! Will911 is ahead in the winter bike stakes - he has 2 or 3 already!

Richard

Your right!

I'll need to get my modern frame built back up for winter duty. Only have room in the shed for two bikes but as soon as a house with garage comes along I could see another couple of bikes arriving.

Reading threads like this one are not good for me! I'm already scouring the classifieds!

N

Frame: Eddy Merckx Corsa Columbus SL

Fork: Eddy Merckx Corsa Columbus
Headset: Campagnolo Chorus
Stem: Cinelli XA
Handlebar: Cinelli
Bar Tape: Bike Ribbon White

Brake Levers: Campagnolo Super Record / Victory (Dia Compe White Hoods)
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Victory
Brake Pads: Campagnolo Victory

Shifters:
Gear Levers: Simplex Retrofriction
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Victory
Cassette: Suntour New Winner 13-24
Chain: Wipperman
Cranks: Campagnolo Victory
Chainrings: Campagnolo Victory
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Chorus
Pedals: Campagnolo Victory

Rims: Rigida Chrina
Hubs: Campagnolo Victory
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo Victory
Spokes: Alpina
Tyres: Michelin Dynamic Classic Tyre
Tubes: Michelin

Saddle: Turbo White Re-Issue
Seatpost: Campagnolo Victory
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

Bottle Cage: Elite Ciussi
Extras: Home Printed Merckx Bottles

What a gorgeous bike!! Good job on that final photo session too, I dig those short focal length shots!

DaveB1":3eife5rk said:
What a gorgeous bike!! Good job on that final photo session too, I dig those short focal length shots!

Thanks for that...I am a wedding videographer so I am quite friendly with a few photographers! I held it up while he took the pics. He said it made a change from trying to get babies looking at the camera.....

Latest posts

Back