My little woodworking project

matthew71":3l7r11cz said:
Nice job,with very little burn to the routed mdf.it show,s you used a good sharp cutter .and there is nothing wrong with mdf. It,s flat ,smooth and stable to work with :D

Use the right speed for the diameter cutter and as long as its sharp you 99% time wont have burn.that you see was probably when i was shifting position :?
Trend make great small and quite cheap 2 sided diamond sharpening stones.Five mins and its as good as new.

lumos2000":3l7r11cz said:
it needs somthing at the back to hide all the cables, i cant stand the site of cables which is why i wont wall mount unless i can box it in.

TBH im not really bothered with how the cables look.I use a single cable to an extension,looks fine.Ill probably now change the cable to a red one :LOL:

Great project!

A bit of Square section or right angle brace under the top will stop the sag and be hidden by the various other electrics, DVDs etc.

Cheers :D though after close to 60 hours spent with most of that dressing the sides and the layers of polish and sanding and polish and sanding, i wonder if i shouldnt just have got one out of ikea like normal people.

Shouldnt need it being 1" oak but if i do feel the weight of the TV is too great for the top id consider routing a concealed slot and fitting a metal bar in.A support might look bad,in fact it will look terrible unless i effectively doubled the top thickness

Back