My Klein Attitude

jonno1

Retro Newbie
I bought this bike around 10 years ago. Always wanted a Klein after my mate bought a stunning green white and pink frame when we were 16 (yes he was loaded). I still have my 1990 Cindercone too.

Untitled by CARMANWAITINGINTHESKY, on Flickr

Untitled by CARMANWAITINGINTHESKY, on Flickr

I have zero idea what this bike is worth now. Its always been a little on the small side for me and now, as I approach 50 (how did that happen...) my knees ache a bit when I use it....any ideas as to current value range would be appreciated. Its a great bike, will be sad to see it go, but I want a bike that fits me correctly AND looks pretty :LOL:

Re:

Welcome to the site.

Sounds like your buddy had an OG Klein in a colourway we here refer to as Dolomite. Very collectible.

Unfortunately in between your buddy’s bike and yours, Klein was acquired by Trek, and your bike, whilst a very capable machine, is what we call “post-Trek”. These aren’t as collectible by far.

Would suggest you drop above query into the “how much is my x worth” section. Someone should be able to steer you. I would say maybe 500-600 at a guess.

A well specced Dolomite, however, would be £2.5k upwards.. potentially a lot more if mint, original and covered in US boutique parts.

Good luck.

You have what is commonly referred to as a Treklein.

It's a nice one but I think some owners are unaware of the stages of change in the name and often are disspointed when most of the trekleins rarely sell above £400

Thanks all - yup, appreciated the pre/post Klein difference.

I still remember when he opened the box on the Dolomite frame. Man, that was something!

I just could find any reference points for mine, not recent ones anyway, so thanks for the suggestions.

Back