My GT LTS XR-1000 - how do I put v-brakes on RC35s?

When I first saw the title I thought RC35's were a bit old hat for an LTS.
Easy thing to do is create some small plates with a through hole for the canti stud and a small hole for the spring, then use the canti stud to tighten the plate into place.

JeRkY":ttckfy3n said:
When I first saw the title I thought RC35's were a bit old hat for an LTS.
Easy thing to do is create some small plates with a through hole for the canti stud and a small hole for the spring, then use the canti stud to tighten the plate into place.

Thanks for reply. You are right in terms of vintage I suppose, but I couldn't resist their loveliness and I think they suit the silver/black bike reasonably well. If I keep them on I'd probably match them up with a carbon seatpost? If not, or if I can't get brakes on them, then I suppose I'll try to pass them on to someone here who can treat them right.

r1g38l.jpg
nb9cw8.jpg

(obviously discs will go, just checking them on the wheels; might look for some sexier tyres which shouldn't be difficult; my bastardised rock shox shock with fox spring can be just made out, black spring actually looks kinda right)

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Just for clarity here is what I'm talking about:

2eydni8.jpg

No hole for seating the pin on the brakes... the bosses are however slightly flattened off on two 'sides' in their lower portion, is this something to do with mounting cantilever brakes?

Back