My Geoffrey Butler build 1 of 2

howlindawg":17reiecl said:
Ha :D

An there was me thinking that was an oddball suite of interests!

Nah.... 1983; I've got a bike, Scalextric and a hi-fi.....

Peachy!":1h4q0mbn said:
howlindawg":1h4q0mbn said:
Ha :D

An there was me thinking that was an oddball suite of interests!

Nah.... 1983; I've got a bike, Scalextric and a hi-fi.....
All a bit off topic this but there's actually slot and Hifi threads in the General / Other Projects & Collections sections of the forum with some great stuff in there. They've been my three main hobbies since childhood so of course I've had a good look through them and with everything I do the engineer in me means I build bikes, slot cars and hifi as well as collect.

This is my conservatory (because I'm at full capacity in the garage) and my wife will attest to how much time I spent on what hifi I would put in there even before the walls went up, so for its gone through four different versions from complete British cottage industry (Kinshaw Perception, Inca Tech and MRM Source anyone?) to generally out of favour Big name Japanese and now sort of in between, it will change again once we can get some proper furniture for in there and finish the floor.

Also the slot car track went down straight after I ran out of floor and will get extended after floor deliveries resume, here's a couple of my 1/24th scale builds.

Anyway back to bikes now people, this is a bike forum you know.

Attachments

• slot.JPG
    slot.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 321
Another little updats.

There was one component on this bike that was niggling me. This frame takes nutted brakes and the only set I had that aren't the ubiquitous Weinmann 500's were these Miche badged Modolo's and in the words of Andy from Lou and Andy "I don't like it", so I thought I'd see what else I could make out of all the Modolo bits I have.

So cue lots of brakes in bits and lots of cleaning and the end result a set of later Modolo Speedy's with nutted axles and me being much happier with them. I know they're not a huge amount different but its all the little details that matter and I've now got a set of fully serviced brakes.

Also an enforced trip to Asda was actually quite useful as the big Asda in Canterbury sells of all things bike chains for up to 8 speed bikes, so bike now in one bit, had a quick spin round the block and the only things I'm now waiting for are the correct seat pin and white toe straps.

Attachments

• DSCF4440 - Edited.jpg
    DSCF4440 - Edited.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCF4437 - Edited (1).jpg
    DSCF4437 - Edited (1).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCF4436 - Edited.jpg
    DSCF4436 - Edited.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCF4435 - Edited (1).jpg
    DSCF4435 - Edited (1).jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 292
legrandefromage":1r1trqsh said:
The Anthem (?) beats my TAG McLaren

...or does it :mrgreen:
Anthem? TAG Mclaren? Nothing anywhere near that exotic there, the only things that have any HiFi cred there at all are the Nak, the Rogers and the MF Dac, and the Nak's coming out to be replaced by something less valuable

legrandefromage":1r1trqsh said:
Oh, yes, theres a bicycle too!
Yes there is, back on message

Always been partial to Marantz...

Attachments

• F4921AF5-9204-440B-8793-FF09C10BFA55.jpeg
    F4921AF5-9204-440B-8793-FF09C10BFA55.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 273
It was the howlindawg post for the high fidelity - I didnt like my Rogers but they need big amps to get the most out of them

My other weakness is Lego :facepalm:

So, yes, the, er, bicycle, yes, nice!

Meanwhile for the Marantz fans, in cassette player land:

file.php

30af20fb07406f890a0a9093e27ec83c.jpg

Bicycle!!

file.php

Oh oh :shock: ...now that would confuse the offspring! :D

Ooh I love a tape recording machine me and the Marantz pro ones were very good indeed, although I prefer my tape machines to have big 10.5" alloy spools and a Revox or Studer badge on them.

Anyway back to the bike

legrandefromage":1t9dc1ig said:
So, yes, the, er, bicycle, yes, nice!

Back