My Geoffrey Butler build 1 of 2

Its to late, I've come over all mustard curtains and chocolate brown draylon

I'd use the LA5 SR chainset rather than the Apex. It was the more expensive BITD and looks better imo. :)

Re:

Like this build and the choice of components...why not go with the Royal cranks and plain chainrings and you'll end up looking like this... Mavic cranks were just rebranded SR. ;)
What paint did you use ?... looking really smart.

Attachments

• 20190613_135448.jpg
    20190613_135448.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 311
Very nice work as per usual…. Although I’m sure we’d get a lot more bike work done if our better halves weren’t also on lock down with us! :D

Nice work on the paint and the Suntour goodies look lush.

I'll buck the trend and say I'd prefer the red saddle.
The white Turbo looks too mid eighties.

Ok taking on everyone's suggestions, my own ideas and of course the one opinion that really matters (the wifes) I've ended up with this so far.

There's a new seat pin and a new chain on their way as I didn't have a seat pin the right size and this ones too short anyway and I've run out of non 9/10 speed chains.

Nob":1yj6k487 said:
Nice paint job :)
Thanks I'm quite pleased with this one

Midlife":1yj6k487 said:
I'd use the LA5 SR chainset rather than the Apex. It was the more expensive BITD and looks better imo. :)
vcballbat":1yj6k487 said:
Like this build and the choice of components...why not go with the Royal cranks and plain chainrings and you'll end up looking like this... Mavic cranks were just rebranded SR. ;)
What paint did you use ?... looking really smart.
Yep that's the way I went although I preferred the windowed chain rings.
On the paint it's the same cheapish rattle can paint I always use, the important bit for me is the 2K clear coat for protection.

Peachy!":1yj6k487 said:
Very nice work as per usual…. Although I’m sure we’d get a lot more bike work done if our better halves weren’t also on lock down with us! :D
Thanks and yep, and why does the list of things I must do on pain of death keep getting longer?

howlindawg":1yj6k487 said:
Nice work on the paint and the Suntour goodies look lush.

I'll buck the trend and say I'd prefer the red saddle.
The white Turbo looks too mid eighties.
Thanks, Wife opinion wins on the white saddle I'm afraid, although I must admit I prefer it as well.

The only other thing I need to get for it now is a set of white toe straps and I think I'm done with this one.

Attachments

• DSCF4434 - Edited.jpg
    DSCF4434 - Edited.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCF4433 - Edited.jpg
    DSCF4433 - Edited.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 279
howlindawg":l6y2593q said:
Hmmm....

Another slot racing, retrobiking, HiFi nut.

Nice X-DAC :D

Tick
Tick
Tick

:D

Ha :D

And there was me thinking that was an oddball suite of interests!

45272997162_5b5626d99d_c.jpg

Back