My first titanium bike & it's a Raleigh!

Twister

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Right I have my new frame sorted. Its Pace's old Torus which I'm hoping to pick up from Angry Pirate sometime next week. I'll post some photos as soon as I have it in my hot little hands.

Kind of leaning towards a british oriented build with some XT737 and lashings of X-lite, and I cant decide on fork choice, RC30 or RC35.

Any comments/suggestions welcomed.

Is it a rider or show piece? Big buck build?

Definitely a rider and initially a tightish budget. I can see initial decisions being upgraded when budget allows but dont want to end up with something i'm afraid to use.

737 sounds a good bet then, still cheap and looks pretty good I reckon. Why not try something a bit different fork wise? USE suspension forks are pretty rare but not totally scarce, much the same price as Pace's. Could set the bike apart too. Wasn't there a fancy front end available for the Torus? Twin crown affair?

kaiser":s2xy6qxu said:
737 sounds a good bet then, still cheap and looks pretty good I reckon. Why not try something a bit different fork wise? USE suspension forks are pretty rare but not totally scarce, much the same price as Pace's. Could set the bike apart too. Wasn't there a fancy front end available for the Torus? Twin crown affair?

I've seen Pirates Trimmel forks and though they're very impressive, I don't want to make this too much of a unicorn hunt.

Ideally, I'd like to use this for the HONC in April even if it's got some compromises in the build.

These are Pirates photos. I think she's a beaut!

Attachments

• Torus Pic 1.jpg
    Torus Pic 1.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 628
  • Torus Pic 2.jpg
    Torus Pic 2.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 628
Nice :cool:

Agree on the forks, Trimnels are expensive and scarce, I've got some rigid USE for my Britishish Dyna-Tech build, think they're pretty cool! May be a little short for the Torus though, better with the shockers perhaps.

I've got an urge to put some upsidedowners on it though - something to do with the clean look of the wishbone I think...

Good job it's not mine! :LOL:

Back