My first Restoration - Clockwork - Finished Pg4!!

Nice and good luck. Till I found this website getting the matching original frame & rigid forks was the thoughest battle.

Total left field suggestion. Respray black but then have your reproduction orange graphics in silver. Might set it off with lots of other polished up parts.

Not sure on the seatpost size on these, poss 26.8? Do you have vernier or know someone you can borrow off? I'm sure anybody on here would lend you one if you were close by.

Keep it matt black with orange, just my opinion. I had one in that colour but haven't ever seen a resto done back to black with Orange.

The memories come flooding back :D

Right I've decided on keeping her black and as i only live 15mins from Banbury I'm getting her powder coated here www.banburypowdercoating.co.uk

Won't be going in until after xmas but should only be with them a week.

Only other update is that i've got some nice XT thumbies now and a stem is on the way. Seen a pair of wheels which maybe a touch too modern but hay, i like them :)

Paul

started collecting some bits.

dsc0016lk.jpg

dsc0012au.jpg

dsc0010x.jpg

rl_cranks_001_medium_451.jpg

Have got some XT thumbies as well. it's becoming a bit of frankenstein build just like my old Prestige.

Minor updates;

737 Cassette and MT63 Levers have arrived as has the chainset. Fitted Tioga Psycho and Dart et voila

433a05d5.jpg

Stem will be powder coated black with the frame

Order transfers from Gil, and I got a battery for my digital micrometer so I can now measure everything properly and sort the seat post and front derailleur.

Oh and 737 spd's winging their way from the states as we speak :D

With a friend
c1718cd7.jpg

Back