My fathers Ernie Clements SuperPro bought back from the dead

update :)

missing pedal added (trying to source one toe clip still tho :()

have secured a shimano 600 brake set and 600 aero seat post :) and should be on in a month or so :) (its a ultegra post on currently)

still doing bits and bobs of polishing/fettling

and some new pics

DSCN1431.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1433.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1435.jpg

thank you bud :) ..

update

may have the missing toe clip in my hands for wednesday :)

600 brake set and seat post early feb

then i begin the hunt for a mint 600 chain set :)

and theres this niggle in the back of my mind!! but i'm going to let it smoulder for a while.. and its to do with ernie needing a new coat due to his battle scars being open and at risk of rusting?

thanks guys :)

update.

missing toe clip has arrived :).. just awaiting toe straps (white christophe's) and the 600 brake set, and ive decided the saddle has got to go!! any suggestions?

update

shimano 600ex callipers fitted along with 600ex seatpost. will be fitting the matching levers tomorrow along with new bartape (again lol)

pictures

ernieskate3.jpg

ernieskate2.jpg

ernieskate1.jpg

UPDATE

well..

firstly.. my attempted trip back in time (friction gear levers!!) has failed lol. i just couldnt hack them!!

so ive sourced the SiS version of the 600ex levers I did have fitted. They look rather nice and new (NOS items). my rear mech technicly isnt SiS but i have added an adjuster to it and all seems to be shifting very nicely indeed :)

working on

ive just got hold of some great condition Biopace chain rings and i'm now on the look out for 600ex crank arms... also need a 600ex stem :). anyone know to any??

no tri color tho lol... :LOL: :LOL:

the very nice Mr Postman just delivered me some nice 600ex (none tri color) crank arms:).. i have the rings waiting in the garage:).. today is good day!!! :) pictures to follow ;)

Back