My Citroen DS

Simply stunning! My favourite classic car and the first thing I'd be after if my numbers came up.

Weren't they used in some futuristic film? I seem to recall Rover P6s (I think) being used in Gattaca, but didn't the DS feature in some sci-fi flick?

kaiser":2b67hwvr said:
Simply stunning! My favourite classic car and the first thing I'd be after if my numbers came up.

Absolutely right!! I always get a bit too excited when I see one of these about. Totally sublime and cool as f :cool: :cool: k.. oh I'm just going back to the ^^ pictures to swoon at it..

Lovely, lovely cars, yours in particular!

Harryburgundy":ueogp245 said:
Lovely...I would love that, and a Chapron decapotable...and an SM

Have you seen how much the Decapotables go for??? Unbelievable money!!

I am not a fan of French cars as such but I have a soft spot for Citroens. They always seem so French. Peugeot and Renault have never made distinctive cars, but Citroen have never really followed the crowd. I love the DS but personally love the CX estate. Bonkers big, rides like a sofa, bonkers dash. That's what designing a car properly should be. Don't copy everything else! All cars now are copies of VAG products in the main which is frankly depressing.

I am very fortunate to get a free company car. I don't get to choose my car but I am secretly hoping I get a Citroen!!! I think their new cars are fantastic - they look different and don't follow the crowd. They aren't as crazy as in the 70's but its nice to get something different (especially I don't pay for maintenance).

Rob Atkin":2pd7ox7g said:
I am not a fan of French cars as such but I have a soft spot for Citroens. They always seem so French. Peugeot and Renault have never made distinctive cars, but Citroen have never really followed the crowd. I love the DS but personally love the CX estate. Bonkers big, rides like a sofa, bonkers dash. That's what designing a car properly should be. Don't copy everything else! All cars now are copies of VAG products in the main which is frankly depressing.

I am very fortunate to get a free company car. I don't get to choose my car but I am secretly hoping I get a Citroen!!! I think their new cars are fantastic - they look different and don't follow the crowd. They aren't as crazy as in the 70's but its nice to get something different (especially I don't pay for maintenance).
Reminds me of something James May said after "reviewing" the C6 on Top Gear, it was something like: "I really, really approve of this car. Now watch it flop."

But as I've said before, the DS is a thing of beauty and innovation - nowadays, mostly it's a case of the iPhone formula for a car.

I had two Xantias as company cars - the second an Activa with the anti-roll suspension. Both awesome cars in their own weird way and sublime long-distance machines.

Another Bike-DS connection...US Builder JP Weigle (of Framesaver fame) likes them too:
ScreenShot2013-05-14at120629_zps6192d9e9.png

All the best,

Back