My Cannondale sv700FR (IT'S AN OUTRAGE)new pics page 8

Nice

The 'Dale looks great my man , and I bet it's a super plush ride with those twipple clamp suspenders up front .

Super V's and Ravens where a lot better than some of the other "cack" out there at the time .

I had an Orange X2 which was totally pants , URT ? (Unlikely rear travel) It also felt dead to ride (rather like the ex wife , but the less said about that the better :oops: )

Retro , shcmetro it's all a matter of opinion , me ? I think it's "Retro" as is a Kona Lavadome from the same period .

I don't think the retro thing can be given a cut off date , because if you did what would happen to bikes like this ? More to the point what about hand built raraties ?

I think there is more than a little hypocracy floating in the air , If this was a late Fat ti or something of that ilk this thread wouldn't be sooooooo long !

The rolling rule for retros is the way to go , so that bikes like this Super V can be appreciated and looked after and most importantly ridden .

Hee Hee Hee..........
Its funny that this has come back to life,

Im starting to think it needs a sticky at the top here as this bike was wholly & singly responsible for the whole 1997-->1998 Retro timeline divide :LOL: :LOL:

Oh it is super plush, but also SUPER HEAVY!! :LOL: :LOL:

G

Yeah

Yeah sorry there Enid

I was a late developer and thus only read the thread today . I don't get on here much , because when I do I spend money and as i've been unemployed for quite a while that is something I cannot afford to do .

By the way anybody oop North (Lancs area ) work at any chemical plants ??
I have twenty years experience , and would appreciate it if any of you do , if you could drop me line in case there are any vacancies :cry: Ta very much .

Perhaps the site should be named classic bike or maybe retro "choosey" bike ;)

Only joking , honest guys . :LOL:

Re: Nice

peteteamtig":20cz8pfg said:
I don't think the retro thing can be given a cut off date , because if you did what would happen to bikes like this ? More to the point what about hand built raraties ?

I think there is more than a little hypocracy floating in the air , If this was a late Fat ti or something of that ilk this thread wouldn't be sooooooo long !

The rolling rule for retros is the way to go , so that bikes like this Super V can be appreciated and looked after and most importantly ridden .

I don't want to start a war of words here honest :D but I totally agree with you, Super V's are now an "older bike" and thus should be deemed retro and not really get the pointy finger syndrome like it does. If it is not classed as retro where should it go? on a site called "not retro but not new either". I love dales but sometimes worry about putting pictures up of mine as you feel not part of the forum due to the lack of interest. If folk don't like them that's fine but I sometimes feel like the not liking them bit is kind of a thing that is expected and then out come the band wagons :LOL: :LOL: :D (Please don't gang up on me now and beat me up!) I love you all really ;)

Retro should be a moving feast. Otherwise this site will not grow only decline as bikes/parts become unavailable to support the current definition and no new memebrs come along as their bikes are not 'Retro', even when to their minds they are. If for example pre 1993 bikes were being classed as retro in 2005, then we should be classing 1998 Retro now. Its all DH from here otherwise.

Re: Nice

peteteamtig":i72a2qe4 said:
The 'Dale looks great my man , and I bet it's a super plush ride with those twipple clamp suspenders up front .

Super V's and Ravens where a lot better than some of the other "cack" out there at the time .

I had an Orange X2 which was totally pants , URT ? (Unlikely rear travel) It also felt dead to ride (rather like the ex wife , but the less said about that the better :oops: )

Retro , shcmetro it's all a matter of opinion , me ? I think it's "Retro" as is a Kona Lavadome from the same period .

Completely agree on the Fat Ti comment (also applies to Indy Fab, Grove and Dekerf)

Cool

This is the coolest cycling site on the web , and the only one I ever frequent and it's all thanks to a few guys who put in a lot of time and effort , but I feel that there is two levels at work here .

Let me explain :roll:

As I stated earlier Fats , DeKerfs , Mountain Goats , Funks , IFs etall get serious hero worship irrelevent of date of manufacture . Which I might ad is cool :cool: .
These bikes are lovely in their own right , although not as lovely as my Sadoff Lobster ! Or my Dean Custom Colonel !! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

This Cannondale just highlights the fact that there is a retro non elitist :D crowd that frequent this site too , whose bikes don't drip with Pauls , Ringle , IRD , Grafton etc .

This is why the mid priced BoTM was a welcome change for me !

These bikes , mass produced or not deserved to be preserved (<<<<<rhyme :shock: ) shown and above all ridden and yes to me wholeheartedly is "retro" and should be deserved the same treatment as yer Fat of the same year .

A lot of these bikes from Cannondale to Kona through to spesh and univega were the bread and butter of mountain biking and lets face it unless mummy and daddy were drippling in money, they were the bikes a lot of us started on .
So c'mon peeps anything over ten years old is retro , it has to be because if we don't look after them who will ? :cry:

Back