my bikes stolen :-( ...and found :-)

Re: my bikes stolen :-(

Hope someone sees them matey.....gutted for you.

It's why my bikes live in my bedroom.....but you can't watch them for ever.

FluffyChicken":2w23en4w said:
Now to find some pics to remind myself what was on them.

When plod asked me for a detailed description of what was on my first Cannondale M900 that was stolen when locked on the fence outside the house..I was so beside myself I really had a job to remember what was on it! I had CCTV footage of the hooded barsteward from a neighbour -never got him, the footage was too grainy - I still look out for it to this day, just in a 'rattlecan black' no doubt :evil:

Gutted for you and on the lookout for yours too

Very sorry to hear you news Ben. I sympathise with you - like many of us on here I've had bikes nicked and more recently so has my son. The increase in bike theft appears to be related to there being no mandatory custodial sentence for the crime unlike dealing drugs so that the barstewards have switched from one crime to another. There have been one or two cases recently where bike thieves have been given custodial sentences but that needs to become the norm - the law needs to change to: steal a bike = go to jail.

So sorry Ben. Gutted for ya'. I still feel the pain from my stolen RM Stratos, 15 yrs later. If your Altitude ever appears stateside, I'll let you know.

That's really a shame! Hope you will find them back soon.. There are a few hundred eyes here on the forum watching!

If its of any consolation, I managed to get one of mine back when it was stolen so I hope it works out for you.

Gutted for you Ben. Can guess what you're going trough. Happened to me some 18 months back.
Hope they turn up soon and unharmed.
Meanwhile I keep an eye out for you.

Nightmare... and I know it won't be of comfort but perhaps we can all be a little better on bike security.

I bought a couple of those braided wire cable jobbies from Evans and loop them around all the frames on the nice bikes I have and then secure with a stout padlock. This cabling goes around my benches and a motorbike for good measure.

I know the Pro's could get through them with a battery operated grinder but really it's the hoody pikey's that you are deterring.

I'm keeping everything peeled over this way (I have a few contacts in the recycling bike shops over here) - so will drop them a line.

Silly question... but what about posting a wanted ad on Gumtree? You know, badly written, making you look like a proper bear saying "Wanted. Bicycles - anything considered...

You never know!

i put a hefty cable round all my frames, including my motorbike........they took that too!!!!

Apart from tripping IR beams on every route to my shed (unless they parachute in), there are a few nasty surprises in case I sleep though the buzzer that the beams activate. Light hearted stuff, like slivers of Stanley blade glued to tools they might try and use to cut the locks, a pair of cutters with the hinge bolt 99% filed through so when they use it the thing collapses and crushes their knuckles, that type of thing.

Back