my bike

aye, marlboro did box standard "sports" bikes. very similar to the likes of the peugeot premiere and the raleigh team cadet of that era.

I remember going to a bike shop (proper bike shop) in Droitwich in 1984 I think. It was the best bike in the shop I remember and was amazing to ride back.
My dad just said "See you at home". About 2 miles..
All lovely and gold.

29929blacktuesday":2l609mw7 said:
I remember going to a bike shop (proper bike shop) in Droitwich in 1984 I think. It was the best bike in the shop I remember and was amazing to ride back.
All lovely and gold.

fabulous nostalgia - just like the old yellow pages advert..

"Ah were riiight about that SADDLE, though!"

:LOL:

rusty bodie":1hrnpw6b said:
29929blacktuesday":1hrnpw6b said:
All lovely and gold.

fabulous nostalgia - just like the old yellow pages advert..

"Ah were riiight about that SADDLE, though!"

:LOL:

I had forgotten all about that ad :LOL:
It must be on youtube somewhere ;)

rusty bodie":1au1udk2 said:
you weren't that kid, were you shawn?!?!
by the look of your collection you got your old
man back!!

craig :LOL:

I was more handsome, blonder too ;) :LOL:
My most recent conversation with my Dad had him saying, 'Shawn, don't you think it's getting a bit of of hand?" SERIOUSLY :LOL:
Of course he's right :roll: :?

Brilliant!
Funny how things seem enormous when you're a child. It was the first time I'd been treated like a grown-up by my dad and I remember that feeling of total freedom as he just walked off to his metallic gold Cortina.
Suppose that's why I love bicycles so much more than the motorcycles I've been playing with for decades. Bicycles are so honest and simple. No motor to cut out, no tax disc, no paperwork. The only thing stopping you is you.
I use the Cov Eagle to ride to my various places of work - up to 25 miles a day (not much if you lot are deadly serious riders!) but it's in a suit and shiny shoes + trouser clips!
Even through all this rain. Amazing how car-driving colleagues are shocked that I continue riding all year round! Just put waterproofs on!
It's catching though - I've converted a few people with my evangelical bike talk.
I've got a gorgeous 70's Peugeot tandem that I ride my daughter about on too.

Back