My 1985 Raleigh Team Corsa 12

Niallmo

Devout Dirtbag
Got it at a bargain price a few months ago and it now time to get it sorted!

Came with Mavic wheels, not the right vibe at all so I've managed to get some Weinmann/Shimano 105 originals with the right 6 speed cassette. They'll be getting some 25c Michelin Dynamic Classics.

I have a Charge Spoon Saddle in tan on the way and it'll get white bar tape. Not a restoration as it need a partial respray where a previous owner used brilliant white on the seat tube and stays instead of pearl and went over the original decals!

I'd like to get an original 105 Golden Arrow rear derailleur too as its got a later RX100 on it.

Maybe in the future I can do the paint and polish but at the mo I just want to get it out on the road with the period correct wheels and tyres and sort the rest later...need to get the bar height sorted and possibly replace the headset bearings. I'm going with Shimano SPD pedals but obviously I'll keep the originals.

I've decided not to move it on, it's the bike I always wanted when I was a kid and I know I'll regret it if I let it go.

Re: Wheels and Tyres

Ooooo....wheels are here. Really good condition, hardly any wear on the cassette and they are beautifully smooth. Also have my Michelins so hopefully I can get them on the bike I the next few days.

Re:

Got wheels and tyres sorted. Went for a quick wobble. Feels great! Looks much better. Fits really well.

25c tyres so I went with 85-90 PSI but I reckon it'll need a full 100. Tyre rated to 104!

Hopefully the saddle will arrive on Saturday and I need to pick up the new white bar tape and wider, modern bars until I can get some 40cm ones without breaking the bank. Need a seat tube decal for too. It may not ever get fully stripped and sorted but I'd like to polish all the hardware at least.

Re: My 1986 Raleigh Team Corsa 12

Nice :)

Pretty sure this is a 1985 Model, based on the Reynolds decal...

The 1986 only has main tubes, the 1985 all tubes (it probably doesn't have a Shimano Golden Arrow headset either)

Looking forward to seeing it all come together

Re:

Did 23 miles this morning. A beautiful, inspiring ride on this bike. Rolls really well and feels great to ride. The 25c Michelins are nice. It was hard work on the local 9% hill climb with no real granny gear to go to but a few more try's will sort that out!

My Charge Spoon has arrived and will be going on later today and I might get to PlanetX on Wednesday to pick up my bar tape.

Really loving this bike. Might have to go full restoration in it.

Re:

Bit closer, just bought some Shimano Golden Arrow 105 brake levers and hoods from eBay. Bike correct. It's got Shimanos on it now but not the correct ones, they are later and have abysmal white hoods.

Del at Delcalsigns can do you the seat post decal. He did these ones for my mates cadet so he should be able to just do the one for you.

But maybe tell him to do the edges straight rather than having the cut out for where the serial number goes on the seat tube of the cadet.

Back