Mutiple splatter paint kona content, page 18/19 for latest builds

Re: Re:

SIMONFREESE":2pry6r75 said:
Jaw dropping thread. Amazing work, and great builds. Currently doing my scabby 88 Cindercone, great inspiration!

Thanks mate glad you like the thread,here's another addition just arrived today :D

Attachments

• IMAG3150_1.jpg
    IMAG3150_1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 403
Don't just tease it's killing me :facepalm: ..

I've really enjoyed this thread from day one and i just can't wait to see this next project up n running ;) ..

So.....what's the verdict Chris?

raidan73":3e6sc4x5 said:
So.....what's the verdict Chris?

So far it's good mate,the rust just looks on the surface and i can't find any dings so far. Stem isn't seized,seatpost with a whack of the hand moved so it'll come out no bother with some effort and wait and see for the BB :LOL:
So far so good :D more updates will follow shortly.

Re:

Probably the worst bits of rust.

Attachments

• IMAG3158_1.jpg
    IMAG3158_1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMAG3159_1.jpg
    IMAG3159_1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 363
  • IMAG3160_1.jpg
    IMAG3160_1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 363
  • IMAG3161_1_1.jpg
    IMAG3161_1_1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 363
It's a bit wuff mate but i have every confidence in you after seeing your lovely work earlier so whats the plan with the frame then although i do expect that chain , cassette and that lovely sharkfin are for da bin ...

Muddy paw":15ct2n6l said:
It's a bit wuff mate but i have every confidence in you after seeing your lovely work earlier so whats the plan with the frame then although i do expect that chain , cassette and that lovely sharkfin are for da bin ...

Aye i think there past there sell by date :LOL:
For the frame i'm going to strip it all down get the post and bb out. Then give it a good clean and get all the rust removed back to bare metal,which will take a while. I'm going find somewhere who can do a colour match for the paint so i can touch in everywhere. I've got spare Kona decals for the toptube and a spare Tange Prestige decal for the seatube aswell.
I'm tempted to do the same what i done on the 89 cindercone and try and bring the yellow splatter back to life again but you've got to be careful not to wreck the green paint though.

Well that will be a lengthy job patching up all the paint with a colour match and a rather tricky one at that too so i'd be interested to see how you tackle the patching the patching up as i've got an 89 Fire Mountain i need to do the same to although i was going to just strip it all down and start a fresh but if you can patch up yours which is a lot worse than mine then mine should be a doddle to sort out ..

I take it you got your decals off Gil then as i was tempted to replace a couple of mine or try and patch them up ..

Back