Muddy Waters no more.....Muddy Fox.....the early Years.

iscervo":vfaccfmd said:
:shock: how much ! :shock:
I have one thats 100% original + the optional frame pad & Muddyfox branded rack :D .

Pictures Please.

You are on the right thread after all. :cool:

Just a bit of clarification, the bike that Jackie's posing next to is a Monarch, not the Ltd. Edition. It was my bike, well it was the bike I was campaigning that season.
I wasn't a top racer but I could usually finish in the top third of the field and Ari and Drew thought I should be representing the company with something a bit better than the Pathfinder.
I customised that bike for competition, including fitting a sample Nitto aluminium Bullmoose bar/stem and narrow Saturne rims from Caratti Sport.
The Nitto bars had a rider weight limit which I'm sure I exceeded, but I had no problems with them. I haven't seen another one of these bars since.
I'm a bit over 6' tall and it's a 22" frame but seat was set low to make it look more like it's sized for Jackie.
In Jeremy Torr and Max Glaskin's Mountain Bike Book, there's also a pic of the bike being washed by some enterprising local youths out the back of the Neuadd Arm Pub after the M. v H. v MTB race.
Sounds like you used to race for MF? There's a Facebook group called the 'Muddy Fox retro 80s & early 90s Group' are you a member? You should check it out. Some people on there would love to hear any stories/ memories you have? 👍

Back