Muddy Fox saddle

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Bought this the other day, honestly I just liked the look of it, and although I am working on a few MF's at the moment this saddle doesn't appear to be a match for any of them. I'd be really interested to learn when and with which bikes these viscount saddles originally shipped.

I plan to restore it and use it with my Monarch Pro build, which when finished will be an unbranded (no decals etc) period incorrect low key daily rider, so the fact that this is an authentic MF saddle is great, but the fact that I will lose the MF markings on the nose won't be a problem.

Having never restored a saddle before I'd appreciate any help and advice I can get, that it's riveted will no doubt complicate things but I am up for the challenge, ideally I'd like to cover it with some type of leather, so any information about what types of leather work best for saddles would be great.

Tried it out this afternoon and I really like the feel of it, it's fairly light and very comfortable so will be ideal for my daily commute.

Here are some pics.
P7183516.JPG P7183518.JPG P7183521.JPG P7183523.JPG P7183524.JPG
P7183527.JPG

Last edited:
i've recently reupholstered a couple of saddles. And been very impressed with my efforts. If i do say so myself. Most guides tell you to spray the glue all over the saddle and the back of the leather in one go first. I get a better result from applying a strip down the middle but not too close to the nose then apply small patches of glue whilst massaging and pulling the leather. This way you have more control over the tricky bit which is the edges and nose. It's very possible to have a factory finish without any bunching at all. i'll try and sort some pics - i have another project on at the minute which is, funnily enough, a titanium flite that im going to put muddy fox pawprint vinyl on for a '91 courier mega. Materials wise i went for 1.5mm leather. Any thicker and its more difficult to get it to smoothly fold round the edges and tip. Oh, and lidl shoe repair glue which is waterproof and nice and flexible. And cheap. But many use 3m spray glue.

Back