Muddy Fox - have I died and gone to hell????

Re:

drcarlos":1mwo9mua said:
I didn't realise that SD had bought Universal. It's a shame that they don't try and revive the brand to it's previous level and keep the lesser universal brands to BSO territory. If Calibre can produce the bikes they do for the prices they manage there has to be space for some decent 'Foxes'.
Mike Ashley is trying to differentiate House of Fraser from regular SD so maybe there is a slot for them there.

Carl.

There is potentially; but the MF brand name is used for almost all of Sports Direct's cycling 'stuff'; it's the name on their lights, and noggin bins, gloves, saddles, jerseys, etc. So to a certain extent they have kept the name going for more than just BSOs, similar to how they use Karrimor as the 'brand' for their hiking and camping gear.

They're not alone in that of course; witness Raleigh's awful misuse of their 'RSP/Raleigh Special Products' name since 2001...

Re:

I've got a 'muddy fox' cycling jacket from sports direct that's actually pretty good. Not far from me is their Shirebrook distribution centre and these cheap n nasty bikes are often piled up (literally) outside the on-site shop, usually being sold for next-to-nothing covered in scratches and dents.

Back