Sold Muddy Fox Courier

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
I’ve got what is a pretty much complete Courier to karma.

It’s 21” frame, it’s fairly rough looking but they do clean up well. Everything is there ready to refurb - in the photos I’ve very loosely chucked it back together to check what is missing. The only bits I think are absent are the rear shifter, seat post and the handlebar grips. Even got the chain and a bit of the cable outer so someone can reference what they need. Headset is there just didn’t want to put the cups back in.

There is a catch I’m embarrassed to admit it’s my own doing - the seat tube has some damage and part of a seatpost still in there. I’m not sure why but having exhausted every option (apart from caustic soda which is what I should have done) I thought I could drill it out with a blacksmiths drill bit. Thought it was going really well but didn’t account for heat build up and it has rippled part of the tube. I gave up as I got a bigger frame which fits me better so lost interest in this one. It really needs at the very least the remaining bit of seatpost dissolving with caustic (you can fit about 10cm of post in at the moment). Ideally needs the seat tube replacing. It’s been suggested to me that a longer seatpost would make this rideable so more of the post is supporting the tube but that’s up to you.

Ideally collection only from near Stamford/Peterborough area. I do have a box and could post at cost if you are desperate. Open to suggestions for courier from you if that’s the case.

I can’t control what you do with it afterwards but don’t really see the spirit of karma being an opportunity for flippers. Would be amazing to see a thread from someone bringing this back to life.

289151E4-5D40-496A-BA4B-18DC58BE6A69.jpeg 1488351E-282D-4B94-A5A5-8B202436E30E.jpeg 63A861BC-5552-4966-B418-BC65474526CF.jpeg 94E93A7F-5A07-454B-B54A-876CF4260121.jpeg C4817244-8FB0-40E9-A5A9-88C308DC0D8A.jpeg 34D4D23B-013D-468C-BDC7-AB786CAD829F.jpeg 3E589C93-0BEA-4371-A2B0-A42602AE7040.jpeg

I'm really tempted to take this on as a project with my 8 yr old son who is starting to take an interest in my bike fettling in the garage. I'm also in Northants so not far away at all. Let me know
many thanks
Martin

Had to do something to bring down the average price of a Courier on eBay!!!

I guess I could have split it and made some dosh or even ebayed it whole. It seemed a shame to split what is 90% original to the bike. Also didn’t want to sell it to someone who didn’t understand what it was/what needed doing to it which could easily happen anywhere apart from here. Karma much easier and more satisfying!

...was thinking: ebay or amazon motor kit, ugly battery, then, ride it through halfords and back round again for every accessory available

or, most likely it will sit at the back of the garage a while until inspiration grabs me by the nads and I build another 'Rubble Bike' (copyright @Boron )

but, maybe I've been handed my fortune and it sells on ebay for one squillion dinari!

Back