For Sale Muddy Fox Courier For Sale

Meme

Retro Newbie
Thank you for letting me join the forum, I joined because I am going to sell my Muddy Fox Courier.

I bought it new in I think in 1988 from Muddy Fox Cycles in New Cavendish Street, London for £320.

I am sorry to say I am not a cyclist and only purchased it because of a potential London transport strike. Consequently, it has had little use, spent its life in my garage and has been wheeled out on the odd sunny day to see if I could still ride it. I am seventy-eight now and I have not been on it for three years. Last time I rode it was to the local bicycle shop for a good look over to make sure it was still safe to ride after an extended period in storage. After adjusting and oiling I was told everything works perfectly.

The only thing that is not original are the tyres because if I remember correctly, they developed cracks after resting deflated on the garage floor for a prolonged period.

The Model Number is CR-230 and the Serial Number is HRE 0828.

I now live in East Sussex near the coast if anyone is interested.

Happy to answer questions and provide detailed photos if asked, even if you are not interested in buying my Bicycle but just want to know more about it.

temp.jpg temp1.jpg

Lovely bike, would be interested if I didn’t have too many already!

You will need to think of and confirm a price on your advert, there will be plenty already sold on here and eBay to better inform you.

Minor observation that the rear wheel needs to sit further back in the dropouts - it’s currently making the chain look too long/rear derailleur catching on the chain.

Lovely bike, would be interested if I didn’t have too many already!

You will need to think of and confirm a price on your advert, there will be plenty already sold on here and eBay to better inform you.

Minor observation that the rear wheel needs to sit further back in the dropouts - it’s currently making the chain look too long/rear derailleur catching on the chain.

I am sorry I do not have a clue about price, and I am hoping that the knowledgeable enthusiasts here will give me a guide so if it ends up on Gumtree, Facebook Market Place, eBay, the local cycle shops etc., I can put it on a fair price.

Thank you for the adjustment suggestion, it is not something I would attempt myself, but I will ensure the future owner is aware.

Back