MTB running 700c - brake options

Re:

I ran 26 X 1.5's at 80 psi, that was down from 100 psi, 80 psi is quite goodmost fast road 700c tyres start at 100 psi, so with the OP wanting to run 700c for fitness I took that he was meaning Roadbike type tyres.
Running tyres at a higher pressure like 80psi means there is minimal tyre compression under rider weight so you get more tyre on the road, therefore more rolling resistance, higher pressure = less tyre on road so less rolling resiistance, more speed. Yay!

Re:

I was just sitting in the shed looking at all the bikes & parts I have accumulated since joining Retrobike, I saw the Univega Racelite frame a nice set of Mavic/Rigida 700c wheels and I got thinking would it make a fast training bike and a little stronger than a proper road bike.

Re:

I have a couple of 700c wheels with the correct hub spacing and got thinking the same, just something to tinker with.

They fit my Merlin and P7.

I've kept an eye on EBay for Mavic adapters, few and far between, one dead expensive pair popped up in last 6 months.

I can't remember if the frames and forks are drilled for caliper brakes, maybe long drop road brakes would do it.

Toe overlap will probably be an issue, but still feel the need to play.

I have a spare Orange P7 F&F but really shouldn't build up another bike....

IMAG0035%20%28Medium%29.jpg

DSC00901%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Back