MTB Mag on the tip of my tongue...

Re:

Brilliant :) I remember that mag well, it would be great to get some copies scanned and uploaded to the Retrobike archives. I used to pick up a copy in Leeds on my way to/from Stif to drool at the bikes :LOL:

Paul_Smiffy_Smith":3f0q8fhk said:
severs1966":3f0q8fhk said:
By the way, I kept a copy of every issue and, if anyone is interested, I can scan them and post them.

Best fire the scanner up then :)

-=smiffy=-

You didn't keep any copies? I suppose you don't need proof, like I do, that you did such a job! Many people that I know now, in the tech end of TV, consider it very unlikely… Although less so when I show them my tandem, which is more bonkers than any of the bikes that passed before my eyes at the mag (with the possible exception of your San Andreas).

Just in case you are interested, it is a Greenspeed GTT. Not a mountain bike, though.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 8313961363

Paul_Smiffy_Smith":1eyzt5e1 said:
... "What the f...."

That's what most people say.

So that's like a Windcheetah, but with the power of two people!

Exactly, except more of a touring bike variant. Windcheetahs are known for their huge speed. Indeed, in the early days they were simply known as "Speedys". That said, a real tandem variant of a Windcheetah would be phenomenal, if only they would make such a thing.
Also, this has turn-the-handlebars steering, as do most recumbent trikes (under-seat in this case). The Windcheetah's "joystick" steering is far more sophisticated and also more suitable for hanging out hard into very high speed corners.

Usefully, it splits in half so it can go into a car or van. It is eleven feet long so some cars are not big enough, even then… I carry it on a roof mount made out of a windsurfer mast clamp that grabs the main drainpipe tube under the rear seat.

I want Staffy (Jamie Staff, not a dog) on the back and I get to steer :)
-=smiffy=-

Should you be passing through the West Yorkshire area, drop by and have a go then.

Back