MP3 Players

I have had two Creatives (MuVo and Zen) and tow IPods (nano G3 and Touch).

I have to say that the Touch is the best to use, it's very flexible and good for BBC iPlayer TV and Radio catchup as well as music. It's more an Iphone without the phone , so it can do a lot more than just MP3/4

I have 4 ipods. A shuffle, 2 nanos and a touch. The touch has just been made redundant by my new Nokia 5800. The wife uses the nanos when she can find them (they hide in her bag collection).

The shuffle I use every day on the commute. It's been washed in jeans pockets before too, and still works fine. Touch screens are alright if you're not moving, but useless interfaces when driving or cycling. I use MediaMonkey (free download, gives you drag-and-drop browsing for ipods) for copying my tunes back and to as iTunes is hateful.

Apple have killed the shuffle now as far as I am concerned - the controls for the new one are built into the shi77y phones that they come with - so you have to use their phones, and not the nice expensive ones you got for Christmas or the 8 year old Sony MDR-EX70s that are still a billion times better-sounding and more comfortable than the hard 2p ones apple provide.

Apart from those Chinese Christmas-cracker ones off ebay (AVOID!!!!), mp3 players are much of a muchness IMHO. Stick to one with good reviews regarding reliability of memory and buttons not falling off and you'll be fine.

FSR-Si":w7zr50a9 said:
I dont use a stand alone mp3 player as such as i have a sony ericsson K800i that has a brilliant built in mp3 player, Combined with the handsfree kit that came with it and a 2 gb memory card its an all in one do it all box. Good camera, Good MP3 player, and an emergency contact if needed, Battery life is quite long too, Ive had it playing MP3's for near on 12 hours continuous with it dying on me.

same here,my nokia n82 has an 8gb card in and a fantastic 5mp camera,why carry 3 boxes of tricks around when one can do all extremely well,also does sat nav with built in gps so i guess thats 4 boxes in one :cool:

Back