Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Not really knowing when kick off is or the end, i guess 24hrs later :facepalm: and not fast enough to light my dynamos, 6pm and 6am ish would be ideal for me if possible :)

Re:

The plan for my team last time out went to pot pretty quickly, a breakdown meant a very slow walking lap and a long wait at the handover point

Times are approximate, but establishing a running order does help plan who needs to hand over to who which I think is the most useful bit.

Also last time out the midday heat was an absolute bit@£ so night laps were great, but if it's cacking it down and everything is mud then night laps might be a real chore.

Guess we'll find out when we get there.

It’d be good if it rained this year ,that way we’ll know if it drains well or not for future years ,anyone who raced at eastnor castle will know what I mean

nobby the sheep":i92kk775 said:
It’d be good if it rained this year ,that way we’ll know if it drains well or not for future years ,anyone who raced at eastnor castle will know what I mean

Nobby
If we have to have a wet and soggy event ... and you don’t mind we’ll save the Glastonbury mud fest for 2020 and you can experience it first hand when you attend and submit a report firsthand
In the meantime I’m to busy at the moment spraying CFC’s in the atmosphere and leaving the central heating on along with the windows open in order to speed up global warming in the hope we get another heat wave like last year

I counter act your corporate neglect for the environment by dancing around in my kilt and nothing else to bring for rains of biblical proportions

Kent Brockman":hn643544 said:
Could this record-breaking heat wave be the result of the dreaded greenhouse effect? Well, if 70-degree days in the middle of winter are the ‘price’ of car pollution, you’ll forgive me if I keep my old Pontiac.

My_Teenage_Self":1n156qh6 said:
Kent Brockman":1n156qh6 said:
Could this record-breaking heat wave be the result of the dreaded greenhouse effect? Well, if 70-degree days in the middle of winter are the ‘price’ of car pollution, you’ll forgive me if I keep my old Pontiac.

Amen to that

Dusting off a bike is a lot easier than washing off 15lbs of mud and decaying plant matter and uses no water or detergent - not that we’d have any to spare water to save if we did have a heatwave :facepalm:

regan_ev":3rqk2mij said:
Mike Muz 67":3rqk2mij said:
regan_ev":3rqk2mij said:
I love it when I see science and facts in planning a bike ride!

Not much happens in Wales, does it :LOL: :LOL:
Haha! It never used to, till we got plugged into the internet 5 years ago. Now everything happens all of the time. On a screen, anyway! Getting out and meeting RBers is the only time I feel like I’m not living my whole life vicariously Mike :LOL:

Gonna be good to catch up. And especially as I’ll be seeing you on this very weekend ahead, too! Then Mayhem then Malverns. Loving it! :D
Indeed, looking forward to catching up mate.

See you on Saturday

Muzza

Back