Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Re:

no electric? yeah I need to get some better lights then. My solarstorms only last about an hour on medium (Have got 4 batteries but on high that won't be enough). Need to save up and get one of those exposure lights I think.

In previous years didn’t Exposure (or other light company) have a charging and/or loaner set-up for those in the dark?

Wasn’t free, but might be better if you don’t need full lights the rest of the time.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":c9mnlaxz said:
Exposure always have a charging station at Twentyfour 12 but not sure about mayhem.

Not sure if it was Lezyne or Exposure but one of them had charging points and also hired lights if you booked them in advance- I think you could also buy them for a reduced rate if you hired them.

If your on a ten man one lap will most likely be your max time on track at night so cheap shite will do - so long as they are bright enough

Retro Spud":it26jcsr said:
MarinMartin":it26jcsr said:
Exposure always have a charging station at Twentyfour 12 but not sure about mayhem.

Not sure if it was Lezyne or Exposure but one of them had charging points and also hired lights if you booked them in advance- I think you could also buy them for a reduced rate if you hired them.

If your on a ten man one lap will most likely be your max time on track at night so cheap shite will do - so long as they are bright enough

I hired a light from Exposure at Mayhem last time as one of mine died. If you know you’re likely to want it , probably best to book in advance.

Re:

Looking to buy rather than hire as I'm planning some night time adventures in the very near future. Plus solo at mayhem and 24hr solo at twentyfour 12 it'll get used plenty. Keeping an eye on ebay and the likes in the hope of a decent second hand one as no way I can afford new with my current circumstances but hopefully will find something that can hold a few hours charge.

MarinMartin":je7f3q7x said:
Looking to buy rather than hire as I'm planning some night time adventures in the very near future. Plus solo at mayhem and 24hr solo at twentyfour 12 it'll get used plenty. Keeping an eye on ebay and the likes in the hope of a decent second hand one as no way I can afford new with my current circumstances but hopefully will find something that can hold a few hours charge.

THM pointed me towards the Leznye 1100i... when I realised that Halfords were selling it at half price (£49.95) delivered, inc the extra strap-on power pack for longer lasting pleasure... I thought worth a punt. Just frightened the life out of my chickens and they live 30m up the end of the garden!

PeachyPM":31t1rkjp said:
THM pointed me towards the Leznye 1100i... when I realised that Halfords were selling it at half price (£49.45) delivered, inc the extra strap-on power pack for longer lasting pleasure... I thought worth a punt. Just frightened the life out of my children and they live 30m up the top end of the garden!

Unexpectedly Bright then !

Retro Spud":3u7ujne1 said:
PeachyPM":3u7ujne1 said:
THM pointed me towards the Leznye 1100i... when I realised that Halfords were selling it at half price (£49.45) delivered, inc the extra strap-on power pack for longer lasting pleasure... I thought worth a punt. Just frightened the life out of my children and they live 30m up the top end of the garden!

Unexpectedly Bright then !

Yarp! :cool:
And I must say, I'm impressed with the feel of them, I've not ridden with them yet, but they fit well, shine brightly and are easy to use and with the extra battery pack should give plenty of run time.... not sure why Halfords have them at half price... I guess a new model is on the horizon?

Back