Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Re: Re:

The History Man":30sfy9j3 said:
Don’t forget the birth of twins a few years previously.

Lol - forgot about that, the dude left his tent and all his cooking stuff behind before most folk had arrived !

Think they’re four in June this year !

Not sure what the situ is on team capacity but I’m in for this if there’s room, along with my mate Si? He’s not on the forum but is based in Northants, likes a beer and is rockin a late 90s Mount Vision Pro. Looking at this thread I think we’d fit right in.

Rotorhead":2dg95i2l said:
Not sure what the situ is on team capacity but I’m in for this if there’s room, along with my mate Si? He’s not on the forum but is based in Northants, likes a beer and is rockin a late 90s Mount Vision Pro. Looking at this thread I think we’d fit right in.

Top man ^^ I’ll get and put you and ‘Marmite Si’ down

Sounds like we’ve a full house for the 10 man team now - just neeed to get folk to put their money where their mouth is,, and we’re all good to go, before it fills up and we’re to late to enter

As said previously - we do need reserves as commitments else where often leads to someone dropping out, Although RetroYetiRigid’s wife dropping twins early, just 12 hours before the start of the race one year was a bit of an extreme example - and now their birthdays forever clash with the event :facepalm:

I’ll update the spreadsheet later on today and post it up here - Still got a spot on a quality 4 man team for a more able rider !

Attachments

• Mayhem March.JPG
    Mayhem March.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 219
Right then guys,

Tonight I'll PM all the riders in the last ten man team for payment and update the spread sheet accordingly so you can all see the team status and formal acknowledgement for payment(s) as and when received

Retro Spud":i0li8063 said:
Right then guys,

Tonight I'll PM all the riders in the last ten man team for payment and update the spread sheet accordingly so you can all see the team status and formal acknowledgement for payment(s) as and when received
Great timing, Spud, as I've been intending to post a couple of bits on the forum tonight as well as pop in to read up on the last 4 pages of this thread. Replied to your PM - really looking forward to MM, bringing a comfy rider which is somewhat retro [ :mrgreen: ] or I might bring the 2000-ish Marin to ride instead (even as a show-bike it's a decade-and-a-half old now and uses a late 90s' design, so it's "retro enough" to fit in without looking too modern, I think, albeit having disc brakes!). I don't know about bringing the new retro project, the closer it gets to completion the scarier the prospect of taking it anywhere becomes, so that's a decision for the week of the event.

Also, regarding jerseys for the event - I've updated the jersey thread just before replying here - and I'll get a move on with a jersey design later in the week. We've been having a load of building work done at home and I've not had much time to think let alone design, plus I'm behind with some other projects so I'm aiming to get a first draft within a fortnight, finalised within a week or two after that, ordering last week of April. (3 weeks' lead time for manufacture plus a few days shipping for those who can't wait to collect at the venue.)

Peachy's Claud Butler jersey (posted a few pages back) has given me some great inspiration, so first draft will be based upon that! :cool:

Latest posts

Back