Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Re:

I've just read the whole of this thread, as a punishment for being away for far too long! :shock:

So to clarify, there will be NO 300mm seatposts on any of the bikes I'm bringing. In fact I'm on the lookout for 400mm one for the bike I intend to ride ;)

Myshrall, dream on mate ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

MarinMartin":xowarv46 said:
The History Man":xowarv46 said:
You’re hoping to get entered in the next few days?

Cheshire the v brakes were taken from a kids halfords special bike and it was built 2 days before the race. The cantis on my old raleigh mustang were 10x better. :LOL:

:D am sure i wont be laughing decending with brakes that barely stop lol :facepalm:
Still fair playing doing it on kids brakes! :LOL:
Cant wait for the event!!

I don't get that retroheads are saying that they're worried because they only have canti's. It's all we had bitd and we all coped just fine, just like our super fast heroes did when they raced at crazy fast paces. Mayhem will have nothing that canti's can't handle.

Hotwheels.":2l0fljaq said:
I don't get that retroheads are saying that they're worried because they only have canti's. It's all we had bitd and we all coped just fine, just like our super fast heroes did when they raced at crazy fast paces. Mayhem will have nothing that canti's can't handle.

Quite right.. I need to man up! :D
Its easy to forget that back in the day they graced the trails withs cantis! Christ you go back to the early 1900's in the Giro/ tour de France they didnt even have brakes :facepalm: :shock:

Mike Muz 67":3c7u8l11 said:
Hotwheels.":3c7u8l11 said:
Is this the theme for 2019, Ron Mc'D outfits?

One of those is THM. Must be cos they have the same hair :LOL:

Ronald’s helmet is in the loft. Next to my ageing portrait.

Attachments

• 86B85812-A1DC-4FEC-B58F-9127F8CC8BE0.jpeg
    86B85812-A1DC-4FEC-B58F-9127F8CC8BE0.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 111
Back