Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Retro Spud":25pco0wz said:
Well as one door closes another opens

As a free agent Myshrall has been enticed away by the allure of joining a four man team made up of northerners headed up by Mr Pedro (which I get as them Northerns as a bred flock together)

El-Pedro, Harry Crump, Myshrall and SLM racing (I think)

However Cullum who was on the reserve list is very keen to take the place and willing to put his road bike down and re kindle his love for citrus flavoured mountain bikes... oh and spanking the other four man teams !

Mikey and Co seems everyone wants to pin a target on you guys back !

Hi all, sorry for my lack of input recently, the lack of internet here and abundance of Tequila has left me a little addled! Retro Spud, I got your message but the allure of the promise of being given ElPedro's Silk TI was too much to resist**
My training here has consisted of 10 beers every night for 7 weeks, but managed to get 8th out of 300 in a local 45K race on Sunday, which was not too shabby since I have also become a little more rotund!
Back next week for 10 days so I can do Ard Moors Enduro then again to Mexico till Christmas.

Just another point, you had better put the target on the front of Mike, or we will not be able to see it when we look back! :D :D

Rich

**the above may or may not be accurate, but if he leaves it for one minute, I will be on it! :cool:

Rich

Don’t blame yah for not wishing to miss the opportunity of riding on a team where Pete has recruited / enlist the help of a World Champion !

So if the Ti isn’t an option will you be on the trusty Saracen rather than Pete’s modern tat that last time I saw him left him in Cannock with a mechanical.

So now we’re on a new page..... what will THM treat us all to !

Saturday breakfast? Pint of coffee and:

Attachments

• 29B86052-A4E9-4144-8DCC-0E5AA68C89D8.jpeg
    29B86052-A4E9-4144-8DCC-0E5AA68C89D8.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 155
Re:

Not done the Mayhem before, but really cant wait to be part of this fantastic event!

But generally does the retrobike teams ride retro bikes, or more modern high performance bikes?

I personally will be riding a retro bike, purely as thats the only mountain bikes I own :shock:
Am thinking of taking three bikes, just to be on the safe side, with potential for mechanicals :facepalm:
Will probably take my Orange Aluminum O 1992, with it being the only mtb that I have any form of suspension (Pace rc35's)
Second bike will be 1989 Orange Formula, purely for the fact if I end having to do a cyclocross, ie run and carry it on my shoulder, with it being very light, because the terrain maybe too much for my retro mtb to cope with, plus my lack of mtb skills, being a roadie :facepalm: :oops:
Third choice a reliable Orange clockwork 92, just like this bike and it gets ridden!

Anyway should be fun! :D

Re: Re:

Cheshire1980":2dt09qmi said:
But generally does the retrobike teams ride retro bikes, or more modern high performance bikes?

I personally will be riding a retro bike, purely as thats the only mountain bikes I own :shock:
Am thinking of taking three bikes, just to be on the safe side, with potential for mechanicals :facepalm:

Yes retros.
Bring many...also a bit of a show & tell, a fair number of us use a different bike for every lap (in the teams).
It will be fun! :D

Cheshire1980":yutq17qt said:

Clues in the name :)
Modern bikes have been known but the majority are as you would expect.
Depends on your definition, my retro will likely be the post 98 B17 and 98ish HHKK if it's done in time or the 2000± RC200. Although my Mayhem 2017 project Sintesi wasn't done in time, might take that with me just to complete the loop.

RickTheUncivil":2io8v6e3 said:
Cheshire1980":2io8v6e3 said:

Clues in the name :)
Modern bikes have been known but the majority are as you would expect.
Depends on your definition, my retro will likely be the post 98 B17 and 98ish HHKK if it's done in time or the 2000± RC200. Although my Mayhem 2017 project Sintesi wasn't done in time, might take that with me just to complete the loop.

Cheers... yes.. just checking :D
My PERSONAL definition of retro is anything 2003 and under.. i know plenty would disagree and thats fine also.. this is a different topic.. dont want to go there! :facepalm:

Gerard":2tllhij8 said:
Cheshire1980":2tllhij8 said:

Yes retros.
Bring many...also a bit of a show & tell, a fair number of us use a different bike for every lap (in the teams).
It will be fun! :D

Sounds good, can take turns with the bikes! :cool:
Are you bringing the vit t.. :D

Cheshire1980":2nka98n7 said:

Will probably take my Orange Aluminum O 1992, with it being the only mtb that I have any form of suspension (Pace rc35's)
Second bike will be 1989 Orange Formula, purely for the fact if I end having to do a cyclocross, ie run and carry it on my shoulder, with it being very light, because the terrain maybe too much for my retro mtb to cope with, plus my lack of mtb skills, being a roadie :facepalm: :oops:
Third choice a reliable Orange clockwork 92, just like this bike and it gets ridden!

Good question :)

I will be bringing a couple of pre '97 bikes, both rigid and maybe my '01 Trek as a back up. The laps are only about an hour so should be fine, the back up is more if something breaks :)

mark

Back