Mountain mayhem 2023 cancelled

Hard one to really say what I feel about all of this .if I want to truly honest with you guys ,you guys saved my life .way back in 2007 I discovered this forum and 2008 entered my first mayhem,at the time my relationship with my previous partner was in free fall and I was/am suffering with ptsd and anxiety.there were times in the years to follow were I just wanted to call it a day lights out but the one thing apart from my son that kept me going was attending mayhem and meeting up with the friends I’d made , my goal to get from one year to the next .thankfully I moved on and got married and got myself mentally in a better place .although there is a bit of an empty hole where mayhem should be I’m grateful I still have a great group of cycling friends thanks to Retrobike and mayhem.
So thank you peace and much love .hopefully catch you all in a field or on a fell in the not to distant future
I've forgiven you long ago xxx

Yorkshire area group still has it's weekender (date to be finalised but late July/early August ) , involves riding bikes, drinking beer , BBQ and general piss taking of all , usually quite a bit of mayhem goes on , as per usual all are welcome .

Is Mayhem defo cancelled then? Was watching the DVD yesterday from 98 up till 2001, would be a shame to see it go, there used to be a copy of the DVD on youtube unsure of year but it is no longer on there now...it was the year Rob Warner road the solo event as a joke, i am going to try and upload a good copy of each year to my youtube for you all, will keep the thread posted.

…. and I’m still sulking - which was made even worse when I found an old program for the 10 year anniversary from 10 yrs ago perhaps longer

By the time it ever comes round again (wishful thinking) we’ll have the mother of all parties

Will be five at best now 😞

If I’m honest, preferred and looked forward to Mayhem more than Christmas (daft ain’t it)

Where else can you meet such an array of oddballs that all get along !

Back