Mountain Klein - Remember this one?

inspiration:

MountainKlein.JPG

SWEET !

I'd definitely go for a red paint job like ^^. I'm amazed you found this bike somewhere !

wow! even way back when Klein still did cool paint jobs :D

I think you should go with refinishing the frame to the same original colours, and get some replica decals.

I've always admired Kleins, but never realised that even bitd they had such funky colour schemes and internal cable routing... they really are special frames.

jimo746":11nwsbfk said:
wow! even way back when Klein still did cool paint jobs :D

I think you should go with refinishing the frame to the same original colours, and get some replica decals.

I've always admired Kleins, but never realised that even bitd they had such funky colour schemes and internal cable routing... they really are special frames.

Yeah, the priginal paint hads a lot of attraction, I've never seen one like it, even in pictures and in Googling, a Mountain Klein never came up that wasn't solid red usually with a chrome fork, which does look fab obviously They all have the internal cable routes and square stays

This one seems to be like the missing link between the original Kleins and the super whacky later Kleins although I've not seen any of them with this colour scheme the three way fade was used a lot, so yeah if it's paint it's going to be original style. I really like the way it looks too

I'm collecting bits and tidying parts that came with the bike at the moment

The Mtn Klein I used to have had a painted to match red fork, but I've seen em in blue too-----but you are right that they usually had chrome forks.

Your fade is pretty rad!!

yo-Nate-y":1femuk45 said:
The Mtn Klein I used to have had a painted to match red fork, but I've seen em in blue too-----but you are right that they usually had chrome forks.

Your fade is pretty rad!!

I wondered if mine had chrome forks, painted over, cos the canti studs are chromed but mine are not chromed they are zinc plated

I've decided to get on with everything else while leaving the refinish question to one side: Rod's inspiration pic means I now NEED a set of riser bars :cool:

I'm definitely using the American stem, I have modified it...

Cranks are done!

dscf3091.jpg

I decided I'm definitely using that stem (which I have fettled) and I'm getting some riser bars

So here's the stem:

dscf3085.jpg

Saved the logo just in case I want to put it back on

dscf3083.jpg

And I've set to work doing my stem mods

dscf3089.jpg

I used files... The wire brush is useful to unclog the file periodically

Anyway here's what I ultimately acheived:

dscf3090.jpg

After a quick wire wool and Autosol session:

dscf3094.jpg

dscf3095.jpg

This took aeons and now a load of polishing is required but it looks right to me, so far

Latest posts

Back