Mountain Klein - Remember this one?

It definitely needs refinishing

I think replicating the job that's on there at the moment is a job I'd have farm out to a carefully chosen pro to be sure of colour correctness and quality

I have slung a few parts back on it and some wheels and it does look damned good in the original paint!

I've also thought of a good reason for me not to strip it... If I go that route there would be no paint for a prospective painter to work from...

Hmm... Maybe leave as is 'til I have shown it to some folks, no need to be rash, plenty of other things to do!

chuck some bits on and ride it till you decide what to do

Kleins are all about the paint so taking sometime to decide what next is a good move

Cool :cool:

Any pics of the fork dropouts ? I suspect they are spinner (not spinergy) - I think they may be similar to my Marin ones :D

WD :D

I vote paint. Polished alum is cool, but you realy want those all square chain stays to stand out with some paint on them.

oops!

:oops: OK so my reading is not so good!

Doesn't say Spinergy in the fork drop outs does indeed say 'Spinner' also says '.SKI' afterward, which is what fooled me, or at least provides me with a plausible excuse...

dscf3068.jpg

So I'm taking no action what so ever on the finish for now so I'm getting my shiny shiny jollies elsewhere: I have 'stage 1' polished the cranks, just gotta T-Cut away the swirl marks

dscf3070.jpg

Rod_Saetan":1xk1skng said:
No I meant something like this, not the St Henri bike:

Ah I've not seen that pic before - Very novel build, superbly done - One great pioneering 'aluminum' frame pays homage to another! :cool:

Back