Mountain Klein - Remember this one?

Hey man!

Well, I had a crack at making good the existing paint, and well it was not a successful venture... at all

So it's hanging about waiting until I can afford to send it off to the pros

- I lost impetus on this, got diverted and now I'm building an audio PA system... And adding to my guitar rig...

But I have sneakily bought some NOS parts for it in the meantime so it should be a nice build

Zombie thread time, but this is what an American weld can look like:

6318681803_4b27ac5ac3_b.jpg

Hydorah, see what I mean? How is the restore coming along?

If you want to see more pics of the bike, hop on over to http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-classic/1990-american-comp-lite-749421.html

pinguwin":1ne1aj85 said:
Zombie thread time, but this is what an American weld can look like:

6318681803_4b27ac5ac3_b.jpg

Hydorah, see what I mean? How is the restore coming along?

If you want to see more pics of the bike, hop on over to http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-classic/1990-american-comp-lite-749421.html

Oh my goodness, i havent had time to read the whole thread but those welds are hideous, if i was you i would take a file and some wet and dry to them welds, you should with time and effort be able to make them look almost fillet brazed smooth ;)

I know you are joking but I think those welds look awful. I'd be filing them down too. :-D

I don't know why everyone gets so precious about a bike part that someone has decided to modify. In the grand scheme of engineered stuff, even the best bikes are pretty crudely assembled things, and going on about the beauty of a frameset just seems a bit daft.

Your bike looks cool you are justly proud

I got all the stuff for my bar set, including NOS levers and super '80s foam grips

dscf4867.jpg

BTW, I wouldn't say I'm doing a restore as such... I'm just building the whole bike with whatever I fancy using, that happens to be period

So there may be other weird stuff yet to come!

OK Time to be honest with one's self!

This thing has been been sat around since I don't know when!

I have all the parts to put it together really well, maybe a tidier rear mech wouldn't go amiss...

But I really don't think I have any momentum on this project anymore

If anyone thinks they might want to take it on, PM me!

Back