Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer identification help

ob1kadrobe

Devout Dirtbag
Hello Hello,

I have a whiskeytown racer frame with matching fork and stem. It is in the small size with serial # S151791. I am unable to identify the year it was made.

Can I get a some with the year it was made if anyone here is familiar with the MG serial numbers? Or at least a resource where I can research or acquire that info?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 61
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 57
  • s-l1600-9.jpg
    s-l1600-9.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 59
If that’s the original fork stem, I’d say 93. Is the fork a Manitou 2? Nice bike mate

Really nice paint. Mountain Goat's are quite valuable.

#S151791
I would assume the 91 at the end is the year.

If that’s the original fork stem, I’d say 93. Is the fork a Manitou 2? Nice bike mate
Hey SlimJoe, Thanks for the reply. The set came as a frame, headset, stem, and fork. It is a Manitou fork. Not sure it is a "2" or not. I can only guess all this is original.

Really nice paint. Mountain Goat's are quite valuable.

#S151791
I would assume the 91 at the end is the year.
Hey DrGooGoo, It is a sweet find and I was happy to be in the right place at the right time to buy this one. I do not understand what the serial numbers mean. "91" at the end is a good guess. I would assume the "S15" at the front is the frame is for 'small 15 inch." Any thought on the "17?"

Hey DrGooGoo, It is a sweet find and I was happy to be in the right place at the right time to buy this one. I do not understand what the serial numbers mean. "91" at the end is a good guess. I would assume the "S15" at the front is the frame is for 'small 15 inch." Any thought on the "17?"
maybe the 17th frame produced in that series?

Back