MODERN: Spooky Bikes G1 Proto

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi guys and gals,

We've recently taken receipt of a Spooky G1 proto downhill frame for Nick utilising a G-Boxx from Universal Transmissions in Germany.

G1forDW1.jpg

Feedback's been absolutely brilliant so far, it glues to the ground and ploughs through anything, really great tracking. The suspension seems bottomless. Instead of skipping across things a'la 224 this just rides straight through and the suspension soaks everything up. As you can probably tell it's in a completely different league to Nick's Orange 224 set up. It's not as heavy as it looks, the weight being where it is means it's really stable, corners like it's on rails, and quite literally flies through the air. If AC/DC were a bike it would be this one!

The G-boxx is buttery smooth and extremely quiet, the shifting is instant and precise, there's no skipping to be had at all. With everything being encased it obviously keeps all of the gearing out of the elements which is a boon in this country. To top that off the lads at Spooky are working on a different type of shifting with that too, all very exciting.

G1G-BoxxDW2.jpg

Spooky have a next-gen G2 in development we're all working together to tweak the current set up, that's why we have the G1 at the moment. Sadly couldn't fit the new DeeMax as I stupidly forgot the rear is a 150mm spacing, d'oh, so you'll have to make do with the bright yellow hoops again! The forks are Kowa's 220Sx air fork straight from Japan, again this is a proto, longer stanchion overlap and some tweaked internals from the stock Kowa fair. The fork's are well sweet and completely dialled in with the frame, Nick's been saying they're well on par to a Fox 40, watch this space.

At the mo we're awaiting a proto Bandwagon hardtail frame to have a play on, as well as a Supertouch CX frame that you can buy from their website http://www.spookybikes.com I'll get some pics up of those too once they're built.

If you want to know more about Spooky just drop me a line, I'm about to start bringing them in.

Nick'll be at the coming Northern, Scottish and NPS races if you want to have a closer look at the machine, and all being well there'll be a small UK Development-Spooky team up and running next season.

Hope all's well out there,

Lee.

Yes it is, however we've discussed that for production it will be a regular seat tube, for probably a 31.6 post.

That is the most ridiculously preposterous thing I've ever seen,

:cool: I like it!

7.2" travel on t'back and the front forks are adjustable from 20mm (yes, really!) to 220mm with the flick of an adjuster knob on t'fork.

Thats just mad :shock: 20mm is that for the dragster look :LOL:
They do look very nice though, whats the retail on that bike :?:

Back