MODERN ROAD BIKE TRADE for EQUIVALENT RETRO MTB

chicken

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Mods. If this is in the wrong section, please do chastise me and move it to the relevant forum.

IMG_0939.jpg

Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc 56cm 2013
After regretting selling off my long running retro AMP project to fund a house move a couple of years back, this itch has returned. I've currently got this up for sale on the usual sites with the aim of funding a purchase of a bike on here, but figured why not trade if someone wanted to get there hands on a sick road bike (I know, I know wrong forum yada yada yada).

Details are as follows:

Ultegra Di2 10spd with 12/25 and new 12/28 cassette and new chain
Token Chain Catcher
42cm Pro Vibe 7S compact drop bar
120mm Pro Vibe 7s stem
Pro Vibe 7s seatpost with option for integral battery mounting
Garmin cadence sensor
Barfly Garmin Mount
Look Keo pedals

This bike hasn't done a lot of miles as it is my second road bike and was a crash replacement after I got hit by a car (road bikes are so dangerous). I would be looking to trade for an equivalent value (£1100-1200 or in region of) big enough for a 6'1" who likes his retro rides with lots of seatpost showing. I do have my eye on one bike on here, but know that needs a sale rather than a trade.

I appreciate its a long shot, but thought it would be worth a go anyhow.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Hmm, I was considering a retro to road swap a while ago but nothing came of it. I may have a couple of things that might interest you, currently projects yet to be built but all there bar the building. I've not ridden a road bike in years and am just shy of 6ft so would your frame be suitable for me?

If so I'd be offering up a couple of options: a litespeed obed fs which is an amp rear end mated to a litespeed ti front triangle. It's practically nos, it may even be I just can't swear to it. I've also got an amp b5 in yellow that I bought as nos but it does have a few scuffs from storage. I had various plans for these so have various xtr and xt components to build up.

I'd be sad to see either go as like I said, plans and parts all amassed and ready to go, but I'm considering my options as I have a few builds already built and no road bike, which is on the list and I'd prefer modern over retro. I don't know much about the current road gear so if anything takes your fancy, let me know.

If you aren't after full suspension, I've also got a lovely pace rc200 that I was going to build up using xc pro mostly that I'd also think about parting with too.

Sounds like it could be the perfect match. Yeah it would be just about right for your height. It fits me but in traditional road bike terms it is deemed small, so I would say it would be just right. Any chance you could ping me a photo of all three? They all sound interesting!

Thanks guys. It really is a lovely road bike and rides nicely too. The best aluminium road bike you can buy according to many. Here's hoping for a trade!

I'll try and sort out some pics tonight, been working silly hours lately so not seeing much daylight.

Back