Modern 26" wheel frames?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have no idea if such a thing exists, but if it does, can anyone tell me who makes one?

Frame with modern geometry
26" wheels
Disc brakes
Threaded BB
To take a 100/120mm fork with a 1 1/8" straight steerer
27.2mm seat post
Standard rear dropouts

Basically an "old" frame, with more modern geometry :facepalm:

Preferably metal of some sort. And not expensive

My 2009 Yeti ARC fits that bill, so you could look out for one of those?
Don't think these are very expensive.

Re:

Dont know if they still make them, but pipedream scion ticks your boxes. I have one.

Also have a kona kula scandium which again fits your criteria. Might be up for selling one or the other.

Both are as new.

When you say modern, is that new as well? There are quite a few hardtails if you wanting something a few years old.

Sanderson from Scotland make the 'Life' or Geoff Roberts is more than happy to make a 26'' frame mtb.

Doesn't need to be new. Not thrashed and trashed though... Just modern geometry.

Thanks for the ideas so far!

On One frames are probably one of your cheapest options, modern Orange P7 frames come up for sale quite a bit, Cove, i currently ride a Charge Duster Prestige. Some of the above recomendations are great too. You can also run 26" wheels in 27/650 frames.

By modern what numbers are we talking? Head angle, reach , Seat tube angle, Seat tube length?

Can't really answer that... Having tried a few friends bikes recently, they just seem to handle better and be a little more comfortable than my 95 parkpre elite... So would like to try swapping the frame for something newer. Modern bikes all appear huge compared to the 90's, for the same size rider. Something for trail riding, no DH or mega tricky stuff. Probably hard tail, but would consider a full sus too.

Back