Mo Farah....

mullinino":1c8ya49c said:
...has never ran a marathon before.Ran today.Beats the English record by 12 seconds on his first go.Brendan Foster/Steve Cram:you should stick to shorter distances. :facepalm:

Quality run today by Farah especially when you consider that the leaders went through 15km in just over 44mins and through 10 miles in 47 ish mins :shock:

Still not got the British record off Steve Jones though, set all those years ago. Just goes to show what an awesome runner Jones was.

Re: Re:

rosstheboss":ihjagocu said:
highlandsflyer":ihjagocu said:
Reckon he played it just right. It was great to see him out there having a steady run after New York.

It's funny how people perceive 'steady' - in my lbs they had a treadmill out the back and one day we thought for a laugh we would set it world record marathon pace. Flinkin blip those boys and girls can shift! I'd struggle riding that fast for 26 miles!

It's all relative though, for them that is steady. They have alot more power to weight so fly alot further with each stride than us normal runners. Tha'ts why they don't look like they are running faster and yet are. And for say me to run that pace my legs would be going much quicker and I would look like I was sprinting, which of course I would be!!!

It was made all the more comical by the fact it was someone running full pelt ( the machine was maxed out) on a treadmill in a shop and the sense that an enormous accident was about to happen

JamesM":1vfgcmm7 said:
rosstheboss":1vfgcmm7 said:
highlandsflyer":1vfgcmm7 said:
Reckon he played it just right. It was great to see him out there having a steady run after New York.

It's funny how people perceive 'steady' - in my lbs they had a treadmill out the back and one day we thought for a laugh we would set it world record marathon pace. Flinkin blip those boys and girls can shift! I'd struggle riding that fast for 26 miles!

It's all relative though, for them that is steady. They have alot more power to weight so fly alot further with each stride than us normal runners. Tha'ts why they don't look like they are running faster and yet are. And for say me to run that pace my legs would be going much quicker and I would look like I was sprinting, which of course I would be!!!

2hr 08mins is 4m 55s per miles which is as you say to all intents and purpose sprinting!! :LOL:

Re:

So all I need to do now is work on the duration that I can maintain that pace. I've got the 0.2 of a mile nailed ;)

Re:

According to someone on the radio olympic marathons usually go at a slower pace as there are no pacemakers. More chance for Mo?

I'm not sure why he feels he has to step up to the marathon though.

Re:

Probably more money in marathons and there are more of them compared to the Olympics which only happen every four years! That's a long time between pay cheques!

I hear he now goes by the name of Mo money Farah now :)

highlandsflyer":25mr8cqb said:
The man is a legend. We should all take note of how to win with grace, and lose with humility.

Lucky it's not organized by the government. If it was " they would all be winners" . :roll:
Guess that means they would all be losers too though

Mike

Back