Mikado Kamikaze SOLD - Mods Lock or Delete this

I want to buy this because I feel sorry for it..........sitting there all lonely.......in pieces :cry:
Just how horrendous would the shipping be I wonder?

Disco Drive":1h93j7bc said:
I want to buy this because I feel sorry for it..........sitting there all lonely.......in pieces :cry:
Just how horrendous would the shipping be I wonder?

The whole thing? depends where exactly, but surface post to the UK would be about $220, and that's fortunetly low given that its dismantled and would fit into a frameset box.

Re: Mikado Kamikaze restoration project & Deerhead XT groupo

If the correct price is declared, then customs will have a happy slice and add to that the shipping cost then your looking at close to £2,000 for what's in the pictures ?

I'm no mathematician, but I made it around £400+ import duty so closer to £500?

the current currency conversion shows canadian to pound at around £1,270, shipping is going to be between £150-200

so I used the customs calculator putting in a bike value of £1,300 and a shipping cost including postage insurance of $250 and these are the figures that came back

Calculation results
Total customs value: £1457.89
- Duty: £218.68
- VAT: £335.31
Total import duty & taxes due: £554.00
Total landed cost: £2011.89 at USD/GBP exchange rate of 0.6316

This is the customs link that might help potential buyers and seller

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-impor ... lculation/

Complete bike=$200USD
Shipping=$220USD
Total=$440USD
=£280+duties on purchase price?

sylus":xs7mthee said:
If the correct price is declared, then customs will have a happy slice and add to that the shipping cost then your looking at close to £2,000 for what's in the pictures ?

I always declare the correct prices on customs paperwork...and the correct price, for everything, as a package is $200USD as it says in my ad. I listed one complete price, and a bunch of seperate item prices if people want to buy selected bits of it. But the shipping price isn't something that you get import duties for... UK customs agents aren't that dumb as to ding people for what the postage cost, against the declared value of items. Otherwise everytime someone imported scrap metal, they'd pay thru the nose.

The canadian dollar is trading at parity with the US dollar... which is about 0.75Euro to the dollar. You can figure out what the euro to pound exchange is, but if you can't afford the duty on 150 euro worth of bike... well...

Back