Merlin

that is kinda special, new one one me. :D

I like the way they kept the dt low and followed the stay line to meet. Likes nice and a bit different from the std e-stay dropped bb stylee.

About 3/4" max. The manual says 1"
I am running an 70A elastomer, it did have a 30A on there when I got it. This must have been very very soft. I am 12 Stone and 70A feels about right.

I re-made the damper assembly, and even if I do say so my self, it is a better set up than the original - especialy in material choice. The new elastomer is courtesy of SLIM from this website, he went to alot of effort to make the top out bumper as well as the main bumper.

It is a 1993 Merlin as previously stated, if you look in the Archeive on this site, John has uploaded scanned copies of the catalogue and the bike is shown. Its called the Merlin Supension.

As you can see my build is a sympathetic build, not a full on M900 1993 rebuild. But everything on it (to me anyway) seems right.

Boring side note: Page 3 of the scanned manual "What makes merlin different?" - the back ground to the page is the drawing of the internals of the softail damper.

BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you know that the rear crown which joined the seat stays was made by Pace?

Back