Merlin XLM SOLD SOLD

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, my eyes are bigger than my wallet and I need to finish the DeKerf (and it's a wee too big)
Bought this XLM very recently from here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... in&start=0

...spent quite a bit of time cleaning it up. Imported the XLM decals from the States and bought a headtube decal which was way too big. Gil has it at the moment to try and re-size etc etc

It's a lovely frame, circa 1996. Faults? A very minor can't-really-call-it-a-ding
on the underside downtube near the BB shell, and another minute ding on the chainstay together with some scratches near the hanger. I have tried to photograph these, but they are so small they hardly show.

Head-tube decal is askew and worn but hopefully Gil will come good. Downtube decals are worn as pictured. Missing the seat-tube decals. Vandemark decal is worn too.

Size?
Seat-tube is 19.5" centre to top
Seat-tube is nearly 17.75" centre to centre
Top-tube is actual 22.5" centre to centre
Head-tube is 4.25" and 1&1/8th
BB is 68mm
V brake or Canti brake only
Weight 3lb 1oz

I'm going to offer it at £500 + shipping which obviously is a bit more than I paid for it, but the decals were not cheap and I have spent some time on it....and it's still a bargain. SOLD

A few pictures below and a link to more

Please reply here first followed by a pm

001-19.jpg

009-11.jpg

004-14.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-12.jpg

More pictures http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac31 ... lin%20XLM/

Oh for Chrit's sake, that's just not fair, I'm all Ti'd out at the moment... :cry:

Dagnammit..

GT-Steve":1kbu4hhg said:
Oh for Chrit's sake, that's just not fair, I'm all Ti'd out at the moment... :cry:

Dagnammit..

Haven't you got enough? ;) :D

As for forks...I'm guessing these would take 68-80mm travel forks and whatever that would equate to in rigid a2c...410/420mm maybe?

Harryburgundy":38fy8h3q said:
As for forks...I'm guessing these would take 68-80mm travel forks and whatever that would equate to in rigid a2c...410/420mm maybe?

sounds good.. lets see if it's still up on monday :roll:

thanks

Okay, but let me know if you are interested as it will go on Ebay over the weekend if I have no interest here.

Regarding the forks...don't take my word for it. Looking at Merlin sizing chart this looks to be classified as a 17.5" Merlin (measured centre to centre) with a nominal top tube of 23" and head angle at 71 degrees.

What a beautiful frame...

And having paid for Merlin stickers to be imported from the states in the past as well, this is a bargain.

Back