Merlin Titanium Frames......NOW 1993 BUILD THREAD

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":2im7v979 said:
how about a kona track two.
they look good with one of them.

They do, don't they Roy ;)

Re: Merlin Titanium Frames......decisions, decisions......

konasexthreerider":1p0zgw0n said:
One question....Pace Suspension forks or Rigid forks?
Rigid fork, try to find some Ritchey : the frame was drawn for that forks.
But for suspension, Pace is the better choice : in France, the Merlin was sold with the pace and their microcelular bumpers work fine with the titanium feelings.

Re:

New and old, im fairly impartial but i would still say keep the 93. Get a proper fork on it though, you dont want a backbreaking rigid fork or no early 90s crap ;) (im starting to think im on the wrong site :LOL: )

Sean

Managed to get a 35 Pace fork with the all important 1" steerer for my '93 Merlin. Very pleased!

Put Magura's on the 93 frame if you hate canti's!

They are both lovely frame congrats, good score. Good luck on your choices.

I've been busy purchasing. XT 737 chainset, shifters / brakes and cantilevers all on their way.

This is turning out to be a continental build after buying the frame from Italy and the XT groupo from Hungary!

XT parts received...

Received my XT parts from Hungary, well chuffed!

Attachments

• xt brakes.jpg
    xt brakes.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 522
  • xtshifters.jpg
    xtshifters.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 522
  • xtchainset.jpg
    xtchainset.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 522
Re:

Hi there, i have two exact bikes like yours here. My "modern" frame is my everyday bike till this day, and its been through 3 groupsets during all these years. Currently its on XTR M9000 11 speed 2x11, with Hadley hubs and Thomson titanium/masterpiece hardware. I swapped white magura durin 2011 fork with a newer Durin black 2012 :) fork found new at a local shop last year. It's a very nice looking bike actually, and i still love it like the on my first ride, perfect for long climbing days and technical xc... Previous XTR 10sp 980 groupset and older magura fork are now on a merlin x-works full suspended frame that i'm not using anymore since i got a Kingdom Vendetta xfs bike for trail days... And my '93 titanium is on a full XTR M900 groupset, black XTR seatpost included. Black Logic fork, ritchey megabyte tyres, syncros 1" headset and stem, Merlin Ti bars and flite carbon saddle.

Back