Merckx Corsa Extra

ive had 2 corsa cs in my time and i did enjoy both of them but got rid of my last one because everyone thought u were a chav. trust me a c2 drives so much better around corners, never looked back since i got my c2

:LOL:
Very good Jeremy! I had a Nova once. :facepalm:

gmac123":hkj0ii8t said:
lovely bike Barry, an extra corsa has always been on my list, primarily because of this man

panasonic extra corsa by gmac123, on Flickr

turbos and rolls are very similar shaped saddles imo, used them both in the past and still have two rolls in service. I'm sure the turbo will serve your well

despite the extreme looking profile, i prefer my flite saddles, i currently have 3 bikes sporting flites, 2 mtb and 1 road. i find the narrow less friction shape more comfortable than it appears, so don't be frightened to try it out.

pedal wise, I've only ever used look on my road bikes just because hinault and lemond were so dammed cool

enjoy the miles, and I look forward to seeing it in the flesh sometime

G

Cheers. ;)
Funny you should stick up that pic. I've just been watching 'The High Life' on youtube. I have one question. What the hell was he wearing at his wedding? :shock:

Regarding the Flite. It's only because of the looks that I want to change it. I rode a Flight off-road for years and used to love it, though my older bum does seem to have gone off them a bit. :LOL: I just think a white saddle will look better, and the Flight shape is a touch modern looking too.

I have been looking at some old Look pedals on fleabay. Are you on Keos now or the older style?

Rab has his own fashion thing going on :LOL:

Keo's on modern road bikes

And a beautiful set of PP75s on retro road.

Re:

Saw this for sale myself. It looks like a fantastic bike and had I needed another road bike, would have snapped it up! Classic '90s race bike. :cool:
Hope you enjoy it mate! ;)

Mike

Cheers Mike. Yeah, it was the usual scene when I have spotted something I would like to buy. You and Neil were bumping the thread while I was going ssshhhhhh! :LOL:

gmac123":3hhd4qqr said:
And a beautiful set of PP75s on retro road.

Duly noted Graham. Cheers. ;)

Re:

Sorry, should have kept it to myself :oops:
Having said that though, someone on here highlighted a Dura Ace chainset on eBay.
It's now on it's way to me. Wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
Didn't even know I wanted one, what's more! :LOL: :LOL:
Let's have some first ride photos!
Mike

That's how it goes! :LOL:

Don't hold your breath for first ride pics. Can't see this hitting the road before summer weather has arrived, and it will only be for high days and holidays after that. ;)

Re:

Summer weather in Scotland. How long does that normally last? :facepalm:

I remember these frames being used by various teams in the early '90s. That was when I saw my first pro race. Most notably Weinmann and Motorola. They looked so good. Still do in 2015

Mike

We sometimes get a couple of days in May and a day in July! The council are still putting salt on the roads just now though so we have a wait to see out. :roll:

As Mr Shankly said, Form is temporary. Class is permanent! These frames will always look good. :LOL:

I was lucky, when I bought the colnago it came with a lovely set of campag super record pedals. Never ridden them though, scared of being strapped on with a set of slotted cleats!
I did get a set of vintage, look compatible Campag pedals on ebay though. A bit scuffed cosmetically but the bearings are still silky smooth, used in combination with a set of NOS 80's race shoes, blue pleather mmm. Bit of a narrow Italian fit though so don't wear them often. Most of the time if I'm just going pootling I use a set of single sided SPD touring pedals and my mtb race shoes. They're white(ish) and when clipped in and riding you'd be hard pushed to notice. I know the Cosa Nostra will hunt me down but I don't care, they're comfy and I can walk to the ice cream/coffee stop without looking like I've shit myself.

Back