MBUK Collection, 1988-1992

Bit of added Mint Sauce as well... :D

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

Hi Matty, great collection.
I wonder if you might be able to help me.
I have numerous early copies of MBUK too but not the one I'm trying to find for info from!
I think it's vol 1 no. 2.
There was an article done by Tim Flooks about riding on the Quantocks called 'Flooks Route'. A friend and I did the route back then and it was an awesome one.
I'd love to see the article again and check the route. We've ridden it as best we can from memory but it's a long time ago!
Any help would be very appreciated and if you need any other copies let me know and I'll see if I have it.
Mike

Hi Mike (welcome to RB by the way... :D ) - had a quick look through Vol 1 No. 2 but can't seem to find the article unfortunately?

Will have a proper look later in some of the other issues and pop the article up for you if I find it but I don't recall reading that in any of the ones I own I'm afraid...

But PM me if you have any early ones for sale, though!

Cheers, Matty

;)

Many thanks for checking. That's dissapointing though, we really thought it was that one. I've tried for over a year to get hold of the article and even emailed Tim Flooks himself to see if he could help at all- didn't get a reply sadly. Probably thought I was a weirdo!!
I'm pretty sure it was quite early on but I could be completely wrong!
Any help will be much appreciated and I'll check what mags I have for you when I go to my pile of mags, left at my parents 10 years ago!
Mike

MuddyFoxMike":z15ndulm said:
Many thanks for checking. That's dissapointing though, we really thought it was that one. I've tried for over a year to get hold of the article and even emailed Tim Flooks himself to see if he could help at all- didn't get a reply sadly. Probably thought I was a weirdo!!
I'm pretty sure it was quite early on but I could be completely wrong!
Any help will be much appreciated and I'll check what mags I have for you when I go to my pile of mags, left at my parents 10 years ago!
Mike

If you're still around here, Mike, it's the November '89 mag that has the Tim Flooks article... ;)

Flooks route

Awesome!!!
Was just about to ask you that!
Would it be at all convenient for you to scan it & email me. I'd be so grateful.
This has also reminded me to check what copies I have. I can do this later today as I'm visiting my parents. Any copies you're missing now?
Cheers,
Mike

Back